The purpose of this seminar is to provide students with an in-depth knowledge of Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs), especially programming and useful applications. The results of this training include reducing the costs of outsourcing PLC programming, minimizing downtime, improving quality in manufacturing, and increasing efficiency as a result of accurate PLC programming. The real world, practical knowledge presented in this course along with the “hands-on” training is immediately applied by our attendees in their workplaces. Upon completion of this seminar, students will be comfortable when programming PLCs and will have the confidence to edit or create new PLC solutions on their own. Now, that's "Real World" Training!
Who should take this course?
Do you have a basic understanding of PLCs and need to be able to modify or write PLC prorams? If so then you will find this seminar beneficial, along with maintenance technicians, electricians, or engineers who work with PLC controlled equipment. Since programming logic is the same but there are multiple manufacturers of PLCs, this course does not limit itself to a specific PLC manufacturer. It is designed instead to accommodate all of the most popular software platforms in use today. As a result, students will find this course extremely valuable regardless of the PLCs they may have back at their facility, and it is especially beneficial for those who run into more than one type of PLC when performing their jobs. People attending this course should already have attended our prerequisite course “PLCs for Non-Programmers” or have a basic understanding of PLCs and a working knowledge of electrical controls and principles.
Our PLC Programming and Applications courses are filled with people from many different industries, skill levels, company sizes, and job titles. You only need to have an interest in programming PLCs to benefit from this course! Our past attendees for this course include maintenance personnel in…
• Manufacturing Plants
• Commercial Buildings
• Waste Water Facilities
• Government Buildings
• Research Facilities
• Shopping Centers
• And any place PLCs are used
• Apprentice and Experienced Electricians
• Instrumentation Technicians
• Building Maintenance Personnel
• Plant & Facility Maintenance Technicians
• Plant & Building Engineers
• Building Managers & Superintendents
• Plant & Facility Managers
• Manufacturing Engineers
• Mechanical Engineers
• Multi-craft & Cross Training Personnel
• Any person that needs to program a PLC
What will you learn?
After completing the course, attendees will be presented with a training certificate that shows 0.8 continuing education units for each day attended (1.6 credits for 2 days), indicating that the student has learned to:
1. Use relay logic and ladder logic in creating PLC programs
2. Organize, design and plan programming for the work to be accomplished
3. Follow specific instructions in programming to accomplish specific tasks
4. Create, enter and test their own PLC programs for a variety of tasks
5. Understand and use advanced PLC ladder logic instructions
6. Edit, upload, download, save and restore their work
7. Identify and write specific PLC Programming for specific applications
8. Write programs using function block diagrams and structured text
9. Use a LogixPro 500 simulator to design and test their work
10. Adapt and be prepared for any PLC they may come across in the field
What You Will Take Home
• American Trainco Seminar Manual - detailing all PLC Programming and Applications material covered in the class.
• Personalized Programmable Logic Controllers ( PLCs ) Programming and Applications Training Certificate with 1.6 American Trainco Continuing Education Units approved by the MTAA.
• All the information you need from asking our instructors specific questions about programming or creating PLCs.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
All students attending our seminars receive a personalized Certificate of Completion and 0.8 CEUs (Continuing Education Units) per day of training. Over 40,000 employers and government agencies who have sent their employees to our classes accept American Trainco CEUs for continuing education requirements. We are able to provide transcripts of all classes attended and tests taken by individual students. Please contact us if our CEUs are not yet accepted by your authority. We will initiate an application to get the approval process started.
No Risk Registration & Money-Back Guarantee
U.S. and Canada
If you're not yet sure you'll be able to attend a seminar, you can still make a reservation to hold your space in class. While payment is due prior to the start of the seminar, you may choose a full refund or credit for cancellations made at least 24 hours in advance. Student substitutions can also be freely made at any time prior to the start of the seminar. Refunds will not be issued for registered attendees who fail to show up and have not given a notice of cancellation.
In the rare event that should you not receive the expected value after attending our seminar, simply notify us in writing of your reasons and your money will be promptly refunded.
International and Overseas
If you're not yet sure you'll be able to attend a seminar, you can still make a reservation to hold your space in class. However, payment for international and overseas students must be made prior to the start of the seminar (in Dollars U.S.), and all seminar fees are non-refundable. Student substitutions can be freely made at any time prior to the start of the seminar. American Trainco’s Money-Back Guarantee does not apply for international and overseas registrations.