The purpose of this training is to help you become a qualified forklift operator; one who has the skills and knowledge to operate a lift truck in a safe and proper manner. The content in this course is designed to comply with the intent of the applicable regulatory requirements.
Learner objectives are to recognize general engineering and capacity principles associated with forklift safety; identify factors that lead to forklifts tipping over; distinguish between safe and unsafe forklift operations; describe the differences between driving an automobile and a forklift; identify general loading and unloading principles associated with forklift safety; specify safe refueling and recharging procedures; and list the steps to perform in walk-around and sit-down inspections.
This course was developed with subject matter support provided by EnSafe Inc., a global professional services company focusing on engineering, environment, health and safety, and information technology.Learning Objectives
- Identify load center engineering principles associated with forklift safety
- Identify capacity engineering principles associated with forklift safety
- Identify forklift safety practices
- Recognize key concepts related to driving forklifts
- Identify general loading and unloading principles associated with forklift safety
- Recognize safe refueling and recharging procedures
- Identify the steps to perform in walk-around and sit-down inspections