Our "Certificate In Employee Relations Law" seminar provides the most comprehensive, practical, and up-to-date employment law training available.
This 4½ day seminar provides human resource professionals, attorneys, and managers with "best practices", insights, and information on the full range of employee relations law issues. It is thorough and practically oriented, and covers all facets of employment law.
And best of all: you will learn how to avoid costly employment problems - while improving your employee relations and professional performance!
The seminar is divided into three "blocks" of instruction. Block I (Monday-Tuesday) covers labor law in the union/non-union workplace. Block II (Wednesday-Thursday) is Employment Discrimination Law. Block III (Friday) deals with topics such as wrongful discharge, ADR, substance abuse and workplace privacy.Learning Objectives
The Certificate in Employee Relations Law Seminar is designed to provide participants with a broad base of practical knowledge in all facets of employment law.
By attending, you will learn practical implications of the law and what steps participants can take on the job to cope with the complex requirements of the various laws and regulations, including:
- A comprehensive understanding of all of today's significant employment laws and regulations, and the ability to know what to do about them in their own workplace.
- The skills to recognize and deal with problem situations. Subjects include coping with federal and state regulatory agencies and their requirements, compliance reviews and agency injunctions, negotiating and settling complaints, and minimizing exposure to litigation by learning what steps and policies to implement in the workplace.
- Complete information regarding current and expected future regulations, enabling your organization to anticipate and plan for the future.
A faculty of leading employment law attorneys teach at each location. These experienced presenters are from law firms such as Paul Hastings, Littler Mendelson, Sherman & Howard, Ogletree Deakins, Neal Gerber & Eisenberg, Jones Day, King & Spalding, Taylor English Duma, and Franczek Radelet.Benefits
Tens of thousands of past participants have told us that participating in the seminar:
- Improves on-the-job performance and skills...immediately
- Provides virtually all the information needed to function effectively in the employment law aspect of a job
- Increases confidence in dealing with complex employee relations law issues
- Helps participants to deal more pro-actively with employee relations law issues
- Enables participants to take concrete and specific actions to substantially reduce their organization's downside risk to expensive, time-consuming and risky litigation
- Increases the participant's value to their organization
- Provides participants with an excellent environment to meet colleagues and share ideas
By attending, you receive specially-prepared reference materials that serve as valuable on the job desktop reference manuals. Class Hours
Monday-Thursday 8:00am-4:00pm. Friday 8:00am-12:00pm.Continuing Education Credits
This program has been approved for 29.75 (General) recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR, and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute (HRCI), plus Continuing Legal Education in the states listed below.How You Receive Your Certificate
The Certificate in Employee Relations Law is awarded after a participant attends the full 4½ day seminar. No examinations are given. These handsome certificates are mailed two to four weeks after the end of each program. If you complete only one or two of the blocks you can still receive a Certificate of Completion if you complete the remaining block(s) within a two-year period. All blocks need not be completed at the same location.