Introduction to Fire Protection Systems Course is designed to provide the student with the following:
- A fundamental understanding of the basics of combustion
- Codes and standards related to fire protection
- A discussion of water based fire extinguishing systems focusing on sprinkler systems
- A discussion of non-water based and special application fire suppression systems
- A discussion of various fire detectors
The course is divided into five (5) modules that can be studied in any desired sequence. Each module concludes with a quiz to reinforce student comprehension of the material.
A sixth module is provided with a list of internet resources which can be used by the student to reinforce the material presented.Additional Course Materials
This course includes a True-False quiz at the end.