This course covers the numerous tasks and procedures that must be completed whenever an employee terminates.
This course includes details on pre- and post-termination responsibilities, the various labor and benefit laws such as COBRA, HIPAA, FMLA, ADA, USERRA, and Cafeteria Plans, and the requirements for distributing retirement plan funds.
Among other things, this course examines:
- How terminations affect a covered or participating individual’s benefits
- Which benefits must be continued, stopped, or distributed upon termination
- How leaves can be a precursor to terminations, and what employers need to consider with regard to terminations and the various leave laws
- Special Medicare, HIPAA, and USERRA requirements
- How and when to offer COBRA
- How to distribute retirement plan funds after a termination
- How to handle exit interviews, reference checks, and other termination-related issues
More than just a read-along format typical in printed books, the course includes numerous examples, “Administrative Tips”, and “Procedural Recommendations”, as well as scenario-based, multiple choice interactive quizzes (with answer rationale provided) that test your ability to apply the correct procedures and processes learned during training that are key to Employment Closure administration.Program Benefits
- Award-winning, easy-to-use interface that includes numerous “Administrative Tips” and examples that highlight key learning areas
- Interactive Q&A with answer rationale provided to help ensure learning and check your progress along the way
- Procedural recommendations that provide key processes and procedures
- Access via the Internet allows you to study at your pace and access materials anytime, anywhere
- Special “Bookmark” feature that allows you to learn at your own pace and quickly return to training if you are interrupted
- FREE updates when the law changes
- EIGHT hours of PHR and SPHR re-certification credits
- Test to become a “Certified Employment Closure Administrator”. Your test is taken online and scored immediately, and your Certificate is mailed directly to you! We also show you any incorrectly answered test questions so you can improve any areas of weakness!
Organizations enrolling three or more individuals also receive our Management Interface at no cost, allowing managers to view employee progress, test scores, and incorrectly answered test questions.Other Details
Who Should Use This Course
- This self-paced, online course consists of multiple “Lessons” of 20 to 30 minute duration, with a bookmark feature available. Approximate completion time is 8 to 10 hours for those who are new or slightly experienced Employment Closure administrators; 6 to 8 hours for experienced Employment Closure administrators.
- This course is sold as an annual subscription with four components: the training course itself; access to all training materials as a resource for one full year; free updates whenever the law changes, and; a Certified Administrator designation. Access to resource materials, free updates, and a new Certificate are available for subsequent years for a low renewal fee of $99 per year!
- Organizations with 100 or more employees requiring Employment Closure training can customize this course.
- Benefits/HR managers
- New benefits/HR staff
- IT management/staff
- Administrative staff
- Cross training
- Third Party Administrators (Note: TPAs also can earn the prestigious “Certified TPA” seal for use on their websites, proposals, and other marketing materials!)