This training session teaches how to communicate more assertively and effectively.
It will help you to achieve goals more quickly, set better boundaries, build credibility for you and your team, earn respect within the organization, and improve your work/life balance!Learning Objectives
About Your Speaker
- Understand the benefits of being assertive
- Understand the difference between being aggressive and being assertive
- Keeping passive-aggressive behavior from causing you to lose your credibility
- Understand the gender differences in demonstrating assertiveness
- Learn how to project a more powerful image through nonverbal communication
- Learn how to set expectations and boundaries to improve your credibility within the organization
Natalie Ivey is President and CEO of Results Performance Consulting, Inc., a firm specializing in leadership and employee development training and continuing education programs for the HR profession.
Ms. Ivey is an author and a national public speaker with more than two decades of leadership and HR management experience with Fortune 500 organizations. She is a member of the Society for Human Resource Management and holds the Senior Professional in Human Resources certification (SPHR). Ms. Ivey is a nationally-known speaker on a variety of topics within the HR profession and is known for her “tell-it-like-it-is”, direct approach to teaching HR education.
Ms. Ivey routinely works with individuals, small businesses, and larger corporations to address destructive leadership behaviors and organizational dysfunction. She designs customized training programs to help employers correct poor behaviors, minimize legal exposure, and improve performance and profitability. PHR / SPHR Credits!
This program has been approved for 1.5 recertification credit hours through the HR Certification Institute.