Whether you're dealing with bosses, colleagues, staff members, or senior management, the ability to win respect, influence people, and cultivate cooperation is absolutely essential to career success. What's more, in challenging economic times, the people with whom you interact in business can change on a moment's notice. The ability to adapt quickly and work with anyone to achieve desired results is crucial - especially when you don't have immediate authority to command their cooperation. At this seminar, you'll focus on the key elements of influencing others when there is lack of authority - personal power, persuasion, and negotiation.
Learn how to influence people by building your power base using the Personal Power Model. Gain an understanding of exchange and reciprocity (the first steps in the influence process), and adapt behavior patterns that build credibility. Learn to persuade with a framework of discovery, preparation, and dialogue, and master the key components of negotiation.
You'll practice influencing techniques in this information-packed program, and you'll enhance your learning with videos, exercises, assessment tools, and group discussions.
How You Will Benefit
- Establish or regain credibility so you can begin to influence people
- Effectively use your power base to persuade others
- Understand the person you're trying to influence and learn to persuade through give-and-take
- Develop and grow relationships within your organization and beyond
- Create a collaborative work environment for faster, better results
- Let work styles and communication differences work for, not against, you
- Successfully sell your ideas and implement change
- Achieve trust and give-and-take relationships up, down, and across the organization
- Influence people while projecting self-confidence without being pushy
- Adapt your style to the person or situation you're dealing with
- Learn negotiating techniques that promote win-win outcomes