The Busy Attorney's Toolkit to “Mobile” Success
In this profession, it is no longer an option to resist going mobile. Your schedule is hectic, your caseload is at its max, and communicating with your clients can be, to say the least, challenging. In the mobile “sea” of smartphones, tablets and notepads, it's difficult to know which apps and online tools best suit your “mobile” lifestyle. This handy “toolkit” is designed specifically for attorneys and is filled with step-by-step descriptions, search tips, usage advice and countless screenshots that detail the “how” of using apps and Google functions to your benefit. Lower your office expenses, increase your productivity, and make clients happy with these best-kept secrets for your smartphone, tablet and/or PC that every attorney can use, no matter what his or her technology skill level is. Register today!
- Explore legal apps to turn your smartphone and/or tablet into a mobile law office.
- Better communicate with clients by using voice recognition capabilities and voice-to-text technology.
- Uncover the latest and greatest Google secrets for attorneys.
- Bill clients and track expenses easily while on the go.
- Locate courthouses and clients in seconds with voice recognition
MORNING SESSION: The Best Apps, Tools, and Tricks for the Mobile Attorney
- Mobile Devices: A Side-by-Side Comparison of Smartphones, Tablets, and PCs
9:00 - 9:45, Dean M. Boland
- Trial Presentation Tools and Tricks
- Apps – Who Has the Most Selection for Lawyers?
- Security Risks
- General Stats (GPS, Web Browsing Capabilities, Camera, Battery Life, Media Player, Cost, etc.)
- Top Legal Research Apps
9:45 - 10:15, Dean M. Boland
- Easy-to-Use Mobile Law Libraries, Legal Dictionaries, Law Books, Forums, and Legal References
- U.S. Supreme Court Cases and Federal and State Rules at Your Fingertips
- Jury Selection and Trial Presentation Tools Available for Tablets
10:30- 11:15, Dean M. Boland
- Identify Key Jurors, Simplify Jury Observation and Standardize Notes and Responses
- Conduct Voir Dire Effectively
- Draft Deposition Questions and Legal Pleadings
- Organize and Create Case Presentations with Easy-to-Use Diagrams, Charts and Sketches for Trial
- Mobile Transcript Apps
- Time and Business Management
11:15 - 12:00, Brett Burney
- Communicating with Clients
- Voice Recognition Capabilities, Voice-to-Text Technology and Voice Recorders
- Online White Pages
- Caller ID and Other Screening Tools
- Email Providers for Attorneys
- Time Savers for Lawyers
- Create and Save Notes, Images and Recordings on-the-Move
- Manage Your Schedule and Track Time
- Access your Files, Documents and Images Remotely
- Navigation and Travel (Locate Courthouses and Clients in Seconds with Voice Recognition, Maps, and GPS Tools)
- Manage Money on the Go
- Easily Bill Clients and Track Business Expenses
- Free Credit Card Processors
- Capture Receipt Images, Organize and Store Online for Free
- Practical Financial Calculator Tools and Apps
- Word Processing and File Sharing
12:00 - 12:30, Brett Burney
- Store, View and Transfer Documents, PDFs and Images Easily
- Microsoft Office Suite Options for Your Smartphone and/or Notepad
- Handwrite Documents with Online Legal Notepads
AFTERNOON SESSION: Practical Google Business Solutions for Everyday Use
- Free Google Communication Functions
1:30 - 2:05, Adam J. Thurman
- Email Addresses Available with Gmail ( e.g. “@mylawoffice.com”)
- Quick and Dirty Translations of Text, Webpages and/or Legal Documents
- Free Telephone, Text, Voice and Video Chat Instant Messaging Services
- Great Google Secrets
2:05 - 2:40, Adam J. Thurman
- Find Publicly Listed U.S. Residential Phone Numbers and Addresses
- Check Flight Status, Delays and Weather Information
- Refine Your Searches to Produce Better Results when Researching
- Google Legal Research and Presentation Tools
2:55 - 3:30, Adam J. Thurman
- Attorney Security Risks of Going Mobile
3:30 - 4:30, Brett Burney
- Top Devices, Software and Passwords to Protect Data and Prevent File Loss
- Remote Wiping
- Anti-Virus Software
- What to Do if You Get “Hacked”
- Going Mobile and Protecting Confidentiality: What are the Risks?
- Device and/or File Loss: How to Prevent This from Happening
*Any mention of specific products in this program is intended as part of a general overview and does not constitute NBI's endorsement or recommendation of any specific product or provider. This program is not sponsored by any technology or electronics provider.
**Applications presented above may not be accessible on some makes and models of mobile devices.
This basic-to-intermediate level seminar will provide the “mobile” attorneys with cheap and easy tools they need to increase productivity, lower office expenses, and better communicate with clients.