PHARMACOTHERAPEUTICS: CLINICAL REASONING IN PRIMARY CARE, 2nd Edition
, features a unique clinical reasoning format that provides both the content knowledge and the clinical reasoning skills you’ll need to become an expert prescriber.
This in-depth book has been thoroughly revised, updated, and reviewed from cover to cover by a multidisciplinary panel of nurse practitioners and physician’s assistants.
Clinical Alerts throughout the text point out potential medication safety risks, and new Evidence-Based Pharmacotherapeutics boxes highlight recent research evidence in drug therapy.Key Features
- Emphasis on clinical decision-making has been retained and refocused on clinical reasoning in this edition
- Case Studies (48 total) feature a treatment plan and a unique Clinical Reasoning Analysis section in which an expert prescriber reflects on the factors that led to a particular drug choice for a patient situation
- Evidence-Based Pharmacotherapeutics boxes highlight recent research evidence in drug therapy and feature a research article, the purpose, design, methods, findings, and conclusions of the study, and implications for practice
- Clinical Alerts throughout the text alert the prescriber to potential medication safety risks and other key drug information
- New chapters on poisonings, drugs used for migraines, and drugs for bladder, prostate, and erectile dysfunction address important new developments in pharmacotherapeutics
By Kathleen Gutierrez
, PhD, RN, ANP-BC, CNS-BC, Independent Practice, Littleton, CO; Associate Professor School of Nursing, University of Colorado at Denver Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO