3 month Access and Exam voucher for your certification.
This official ITIL Foundation certification course (18 hours in length) provides you with a general overview of the IT Service Management Lifecycle which is outlined in ITIL’s five core books – Service Strategy, Service Design, Service Transition, Service Operation and Continual Service Improvement. ITIL’s “service lifecycle” consists of 26 processes and four functions. These include:
|Service Lifecycle Stage||Processes & Functions|
|Service Strategy||Strategy Management For IT Services, Service Portfolio Management, Business Relationship Management, Financial Management For IT Services, Demand Management|
|Service Design||Design Coordination, Service Catalog Management, Service Level Management, Availability Management, Capacity Management, IT Service Continuity Management, Information Security Management, Supplier Management|
|Service Transition||Transition Planning & Support, Change Management, Service Asset & Configuration Management, Release & Deployment Management, Service Validation & Testing, Change Evaluation, Knowledge Management|
|Service Operation||Event Management, Incident Management, Request Fulfillment, Problem Management, Access Management, and the functions of: IT Operations, Technical Management, Application Management, Service Desk|
|Continual Service Improvement||Seven-Step Improvement Process|
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
The course is designed as an introduction to ITIL and enables you to understand how an integrated ITSM framework can be utilized to achieve IT business integration, cost reductions and increased productivity. The agenda includes:
- What is ITIL; its strategic and operational benefits; and an overview of ITIL’s certification program
- ITIL’s key concepts, definitions and objectives
- ITIL’s “service-driven lifecycle” approach, and the structure, components and processes and functions of the five core ITIL books. For each of the five core books and the related processes and functions, the course provides:
- A high level description of the main activities, goals and benefits
- Process interrelationships and interdependencies, what “process integration” and “business integration” really mean
- Key metrics and management reporting
The course prepares you for the examination leading to the Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management. This certification is the prerequisite for the Intermediate and Expert levels of ITIL certification.
- Access to fully accredited ITIL Foundation Course - 18 hours of learning
- 24/7 availability throughout subscription time (3 months)
- Over 300 Pink sample exam questions
- Two AXELOS sample exams
- Online access to Pink Elephant's accredited course workbook
- Ask-the-Instructor online help via email
- At-a-glance course progress – an ever-present table of contents provides you with a quick glimpse of your progress
- Interactive quizzes – provides an immediate assessment and explanation of each question’s response, as well as where in the course material to seek further information
- Reporting – an especially beneficial feature for organizations with multiple enrolled employees, providing the ability to check attendee progress and view progress reports
BENEFITS OF THE SELF-PACED ONLINE ITIL FOUNDATION COURSE
- Cost effective – no travel expenses; learn from your home or office
- Time efficient – 24/7 availability so you can learn anytime – allowing you to learn at your own pace
- Comprehensive – accredited courseware covers all areas of the ITIL Foundation course syllabus
- Secure – unique sign-on assures that you can track your course progress and sample exam results
- Available anywhere there is internet access – at home, in the office, on the road.
Pink Elephant is globally accredited to provide ITIL education for the certification program. The organization is accredited by the Examination Institute for Information Science (EXIN), the Information Systems Examination Board (ISEB), and PEOPLECERT.
You can expect to learn from the industry’s most knowledgeable experts on how to lead a successful ITIL implementation project. This knowledge is a direct result of Pink Elephant’s vendor neutrality – as well as many years of experience implementing ITIL processes in a variety of organizations worldwide.
WHO SHOULD PARTICIPATE & PREREQUISITES
ITIL Foundation is suitable for anyone working in IT services requiring more information about the ITIL best practice framework.
There are no mandatory prerequisites. Work experience in IT services is recommended.
EXAM, CERTIFICATIONS & AWARDS
- This course prepares participants for the examination leading to the Foundation Certificate In IT Service Management. A 60-minute, 40 question, multiple-choice exam is provided and administered by an independent examination body. For online courses, the exam may be scheduled and completed online (if purchased). A passing mark of 65% is required to receive your certificate. Sample exams are provided in the course to help prepare attendees for the final exam
- 2 ITIL credits
- You will attain 18 professional development units (PDUs) for Project Managers
- You will attain 6 Continual Processional Development credits (CPDs) from Professional Recognition for IT Service Management (priSM)
Pink is Green