To enable the learner to identify and work with Java operators, expressions, selection statements, and loop constructsLearning Objectives
- Java operators - use Java's operators to build expressions and determine the value of an expression variable for a given code sample.
- Assignments and expressions in Java - use assignment operators to build and evaluate an expression, and evaluate a compound expression using operator precedence.
- Primitive casting and conversions in Java - identify valid primitive type conversions and casting operations from a given list of examples.
- Working with Java operators and expressions - use Java operators to create expressions and compare integers in a specific application.
- Selection statements in Java - write if and switch statements for a given scenario.
- Java while and do-while loops - specify the code to use Java's while and do-while loop constructs to perform iteration, and identify the functions of the break and continue keywords.
- The Java for loop construct - specify the code to use Java's standard and enhanced for loop constructs to perform iteration over arrays and multi-dimensional arrays.
- Using flow control in Java - create selection statements and loop constructs for a given scenario.
Programmers with an understanding of procedural programming concepts who want to learn Java and object-oriented programming; programmers proficient in another object-oriented programming language who want to move to Java; programmers experienced in the Java language who want to make the upgrade to Java SE 6.