This course presents an overview of the principles of financial statements, introducing the learner to critical concepts and terminology necessary for understanding the rules impacting the presentation of numbers on financial statements, and the cash cycle of financial management.Learning Objectives
- Rules, Decisions, and Numbers
- Recognize the importance of understanding the rules that impact on how the numbers on financial statements are reported.
- Sources of Accounting Practice Rules
- Identify the sources of the rules that are followed in accounting practices.
- The Audit Process and Notes
- Describe the implications of the audit process and associated notes when reading financial statements.
- Company Financial Characteristics
- The Cash Cycle for Performance Analysis
- Appreciate the importance of understanding the four phases of the cash cycle of financial management.
- Phase One -- Leverage
- Apply the implications of management issues associated with Phase One of the Cash Cycle, which deals with leverage.
- Phase Two -- Liquidity and Profitability
- Apply the implications of management issues associated with Phase Two of the Cash Cycle, which deals with liquidity and profitability.
- Phase Three -- Efficiency
- Apply the implications of management issues associated with Phase Three of the Cash Cycle, which deals with efficiency.
- Phase Four -- Profitability and Market Value
This course is targeted specifically for business managers, financial professionals, and other business professionals who have the need to understand financial statements.