Often, and usually with the best intentions, organizations hastily overhaul processes or implement new systems in an effort to quickly fix or address a problem, only to discover that it wasn't the right solution after all the time and money wasted, and the problem continues. Business analysis aims to not only properly diagnose an issue, but determine the best solution to fix it permanently. Business analysts, who undertake this work, require a unique combination of skills and knowledge to be successful in this function.
This course provides an overview of what business analysis is, including fundamental concepts and knowledge areas as prescribed in A Guide to the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge® (BABOK® Guide) – Version 2.0 by the International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA®). This course also covers the essential competencies required for effective business analysis, including behavioral characteristics, business and software knowledge, and communication and interaction skills.
This course provides a foundational knowledge base of business analysis information so learners can effectively put principles to work at their own organizations. This course will assist in preparing the learner for the IIBA®’s Certified Business Analysis Professional™ (CBAP®) certification exam.
IIBA®, the IIBA® logo, BABOK®, and Business Analysis Body of Knowledge® are registered trademarks owned by International Institute of Business Analysis.Learning Objectives
- Define business analysis
- Recognize the fundamental responsibilities of the business analyst
- Match the requirement type to their examples
- Match the knowledge areas of business analysis with examples of their associated activities
- Identify business analysis tasks
- Identify business analysis techniques
- Match the business analysis competency requirement to the example
- Recognize the behavioral characteristics required for effective business analysis
- Recognize the business knowledge required for effective business analysis
- Recognize the software knowledge skills required for effective business analysis
- Recognize the communication skills required for effective business analysis
- Recognize the interaction skills required for effective business analysis
- Apply the skills and competencies required for effective business analysis in a given scenario