Managers perform a delicate ethical balancing act every day. They must meet their obligations to their employer, comply with laws and regulations, address the needs of subordinates, and obey their own consciences. In this course, managers with decision-making responsibility will explore ethical issues and will acquire specific skills for creating and maintaining an ethical work environment.Learning Objectives
- Identify benefits of establishing an ethical environment in the workplace.
- Match characteristics of ethical managers with examples.
- Apply strategies for communicating ethical standards in a given scenario.
- Match strategies for communicating about an organization's ethical standards with corresponding examples.
- Apply methods for establishing feedback regarding ethical issues in a given scenario.
- Match methods for establishing feedback regarding ethical issues in an organization with examples.
- Identify benefits of maintaining an ethical environment in the workplace.
- Apply steps to intervene in an employee's unethical behavior in a given scenario.
- Sequence examples of the steps for intervening in an employee's unethical behavior.
- Apply steps for resolving ethical conflicts in a given scenario.
- Match the steps for resolving an ethical conflict with examples of those steps.
All managers who face ethical decision-making responsibility