In this course, students will learn how to map their business processes easily and efficiently using the industry standard BPMN, which stands for Business Process Modeling Notation from the Object Management Group (OMG).TARGET AUDIENCE:
Project Managers, Business Analysts, Business and IT stakeholders working with analystsCOURSE OBJECTIVES:
Provide a solid foundation for applying business process modeling principles and best practices with BPMNDemonstrate how to solve practical business problems using BPMN Business Process Diagrams (BPDs)
- What is Business Process Modeling?
- What is Business Process Modeling Notation (BPMN)?
- Benefits of BPMN
An Overview of Governance
- An overview of governance
- Key governance questions to ask
- What happens if you don’t have effective governance?
Mapping the Business Problem
- Define a strategic outcomes map
- Define a Business model and relevant processes
Modeling simple BPMN structures
- When do you use BPMN?
- What are simple BPMN structures?
- AS-IS vs. TO-BE modeling
Modeling complex BPMN structures
- What are complex BPMN structures
- When to use complex BPMN structures
Analyzing process models
- Identifying poor process models
- Creating process models that everyone can understand
- Identify criteria for a well-defined process
Process mapping versus process modeling
- Determine when to create a process map
- Determine when to create a process model
- Asking the four “Ares”
- Learning about BPMN 2.0
- More useful BPMN links
- BPMN 2.0 free editors
Project Managers, Business Analysts, Business and IT stakeholders working with analysts
Virtual BA05 - Process Modeling Using BPMN Online Live training option
Imagine an industry-leading classroom training experience from wherever you have access to the Internet.
The Virtual Online Live events listed here gives you an effective and proven online virtual learning experience with the freedom to attend virtually from anywhere.
There is also an option of experiencing Online Live from one of the many national partner centers where a computer and headset will be provided for you.
This rich and engaging virtual classroom environment lets you conveniently interact with instructors and other students.
You will hear and see your instructor as they teach the course and answer your questions via voice or text.
Choose the online live virtual training option and you can access the recorded version even after the class has finished.
The onDemand labs give you access to the same client and server technologies covered in class so you can test, apply and hone your skills by accessing the labs before and even after the class.
Technical Requirements: a computer or laptop with a modern browser and high speed internet access along with one or two monitors.