In this course, students will use the advanced features of Microsoft® Office Excel® 2010 to attain proficiency as an Excel power user.TARGET AUDIENCE:
This course is designed for advanced Microsoft Office Excel professionals who may work or be interested in the domain of finance, statistics, project analysis, and market analysis including the fields of micro- and macro-economics.COURSE OBJECTIVES:
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to: - manipulate data using statistical and lookup functions.- analyze data using the data analysis tools in Microsoft Excel 2010. - make investment decisions using the financial functions in Excel 2010. - examine data using math functions in Excel 2010.- manipulate data using text and information functions in Excel. - create templates and work with Excel's advanced chart options.- manage data in Excel workbooks.
Lesson 1: Manipulating Data Using Statistical and Lookup Functions
- Forecast GDP Using Statistical Functions
- Evaluate Sales Data Using Statistical Functions
- Analyze Stock Data Using Statistical Functions
- Mine Data Using the Lookup and Reference Functions
Lesson 2: Analyzing Data Using Data Analysis Tools
- Analyze Sales Data Using Descriptive Statistics
- Analyze Time Series Data Using Exponential Smoothing
- Analyze Data Using Regression
- Identify the Beta Value of a Security
- Analyze Sector Data Using Correlation and Covariance Matrices
- Optimize a Stock Portfolio Using Solver
Lesson 3: Working with Data Using Financial Functions
- Develop an Investment Schedule Using Financial Functions
- Make Investment Decisions Using Financial Functions
Lesson 4: Examining Data Using Math Functions
- Analyze Sales Data Using Math Functions
- Calculate Stock Returns Using Math Functions
- Aggregate GDP Data Using Math Functions
Lesson 5: Manipulating Data Using Text and Information Functions
- Manipulate Data Using Text Functions
- Validate Data Using Information Functions
Lesson 6: Working with Templates and Charts
- Create Advanced Templates
- Create Advanced Charts
Lesson 7: Managing Data in Workbooks
- Retrieve and Paste Data
- Clean Data in Workbooks
This course is designed for advanced Microsoft Office Excel professionals who may work or be interested in the domain of finance, statistics, project analysis, and market analysis including the fields of micro- and macro-economics.
Virtual Excel 2010 - Level 4 Online Live training option
Imagine an industry-leading classroom training experience from wherever you have access to the Internet.
The Virtual Online Live events listed here gives you an effective and proven online virtual learning experience with the freedom to attend virtually from anywhere.
There is also an option of experiencing Online Live from one of the many national partner centers where a computer and headset will be provided for you.
This rich and engaging virtual classroom environment lets you conveniently interact with instructors and other students.
You will hear and see your instructor as they teach the course and answer your questions via voice or text.
Choose the online live virtual training option and you can access the recorded version even after the class has finished.
The onDemand labs give you access to the same client and server technologies covered in class so you can test, apply and hone your skills by accessing the labs before and even after the class.
Technical Requirements: a computer or laptop with a modern browser and high speed internet access along with one or two monitors.