Students learn how to identify project participants, goals, objectives, activities, and constraints. Course activities also cover activity dependencies, activity analysis, project schedules and budgets, network diagrams, Gantt charts, and CPM scheduling
Getting Started with Project Management
- Project Management Basics
- Factors Influencing a Project
- How Organizations Choose the Right Project
- Identify Project Stakeholders and Their Expectations
- Identify the Project Scope
- Prepare a SOW
- Formally Authorize a Project
Estimating Project Work
- Estimate Project Effort and Resources Using Top-Down Estimation
- Estimate Project Effort and Resources Using Bottom-Up Estimation
- Reduce Risks in Project Estimates
Creating a Project Schedule
- Illustrate Project Flow
- Identify Activity Resources
- Schedule Project Work
Planning Project Costs
- Estimate Project Costs
- Establish the Cost Baseline
- Reconcile Funding and Costs
Planning for Risks
- Create a Risk Management Plan
- Identify Risks and Their Causes
- Analyze Risks
- Develop a Risk Response Plan
Planning for Quality and Compliance
- Deliver the Desired Project Results
- Verify Compliance Requirements
Managing Human Resources
- Plan Your Dream Team
- Put the Team Together
- Build the Team
- Manage the Team
Managing Project Procurements
- Plan for Project Procurements
- Obtain Responses from Vendors
- Choose the Right Vendor
- Manage Vendors and Procurements
Managing Change During Project Execution
- Gear Up for Project Execution
- Manage Project Changes
- Monitor the Project Scope
Monitoring and Controlling Project Schedule and Cost
- Monitor and Control the Project Schedule
- Optimize the Project Schedule
- Monitor and Control Project Costs
Monitoring Risk and Quality
- Monitor and Control Risks
- Put Quality Plans into Action
- Control Project Quality
Communicating and Reporting
- Communicate in a Project
- Distribute Project Information
- Manage Stakeholder Relationships and Expectations
- Report on Project Performance
Closing the Project
- Hand Off the Project
- Close Project Procurements
- Wrap Up a Project
The target student for this course is any individual who may need to perform project management activities in their job role on either a formal or informal basis, or any project team members who want to enhance their knowledge of project management in order to interact more productively with a project manager and perform more effectively on a project team.
Virtual Project Management Essentials Online Live training option
Imagine an industry-leading classroom training experience from wherever you have access to the Internet.
The Virtual Online Live events listed here gives you an effective and proven online virtual learning experience with the freedom to attend virtually from anywhere.
There is also an option of experiencing Online Live from one of the many national partner centers where a computer and headset will be provided for you.
This rich and engaging virtual classroom environment lets you conveniently interact with instructors and other students.
You will hear and see your instructor as they teach the course and answer your questions via voice or text.
Choose the online live virtual training option and you can access the recorded version even after the class has finished.
The onDemand labs give you access to the same client and server technologies covered in class so you can test, apply and hone your skills by accessing the labs before and even after the class.
Technical Requirements: a computer or laptop with a modern browser and high speed internet access along with one or two monitors.