Your former peers are now your direct reports. Your goal is to get the work done and increase productivity with your team. You want to set mutual goals, reward good performance, and give poor performers the needed feedback. Do you know how to be "the boss"?
This basic management seminar provides you with easy-to-apply tools needed to make a successful transition into your new role. In just two days you will master the practical basic management know-how-and the confidence you want-to plan, organize, coach, motivate, delegate, and communicate in order to be an effective new manager.
How You Will Benefit
- Understand your new managerial responsibilities and make a quick, effective transition to your new role
- Establish credibility and effective work styles
- Build alliances with peer managers
- Master the basic management concepts of coaching, communication, motivation, delegation, and performance management
- Practice your listening and feedback skills
- Become an effective member of the management team
1. Adopting a Management Mindset
- Challenges and opportunities that new managers face
- Expectations of others: your boss, subordinates, peers, clients, etc.
- Manager roles and responsibilities
- Assess confidence in demonstrating management competencies
- Determine appropriate methods to manage boss relationships
2. Develop Strategies to Build Effective Relationships
- Identify your disc style
- Identify styles of others
- Contributions and challenges of different styles
- Foundation skills for managers to communicate effectively
- Communication approaches to flex with different styles and situations
3. Getting Work Done
- Use a structured approach to plan and organize work
- Management expectations in a work assignment
- Apply methods to set priorities
- Apply solutions to management challenges
Transfer, Cancellation and Refund Policy. For Classroom, Live Online and Webinar programs, you may transfer to a future session, send someone to take your place or cancel without penalty at any time up to three weeks prior to your program. If you provide AMA with less than three weeks’ notice, or fail to attend, you will be liable for the entire program fee.
Programs included in AMA OnDemand offerings are not eligible for substitution, transfer, cancellation, return or refund.
We appreciate that this is an important investment for you and your company and would like to accommodate your needs the best we can. Please call us if you have any questions.
Newly appointed or prospective managers with less than one year of management experience who are interested in mastering basic management skills