Every day buzzwords like "analytics," "insights" and "big data," permeate the pages of our business journals. Companies and departments are well aware of their huge troves of data, and they have access to common tools for leveraging this data. However, much less available are the actual analysis skills to truly understand and realize the benefits of this information. The potential is very real, but comprehensive skills can be scarce, and outside consultants are expensive. If you have basic familiarity with Excel, this three-day course can teach you practical applied analysis techniques to leverage data for relatively common decision making methods.
This course, organized into key topic areas, leverages straightforward business examples to explain practical techniques for understanding and reviewing data quality and how to translate data into analysis of business problems to begin making informed, intelligent decisions. Get an overview of data quality and data management, followed by foundational analysis and statistical techniques. Throughout the course, you will learn to communicate about data and findings to stakeholders who need to quickly make the decisions that drive your organization forward.
At the end of the class, we provide an overview of the Certified Analytics Professional certification. We discuss business applications for professionals with the certification, the main focus areas behind the certification, test-preparation and test-taking anecdotes.
In–Class Exercises, Demos, and Real-World Case Studies
This data analysis training class is a lively blend of expert instruction combined with hands-on exercises so you can practice new skills. Leave prepared to start performing practical analysis techniques the moment you return to work. Every Data Analysis Boot Camp instructor is a veteran consultant and data guru who will guide you through effective best practices and easily-accessible technologies for working with your data. Through a combination of demonstrations and hands-on practice, you will learn to use data analysis techniques which are typically the domain of expensive consultants.
- Identify opportunities, manage change and develop deep visibility into your organization
- Understand the terminology and jargon of analytics, business intelligence and statistics
- Learn a wealth of practical applications for applying data analysis capability
- Visualize both data and the results of your analysis for straightforward graphical presentation to stakeholders
- Learn to estimate more accurately than ever, while accounting for variance, error, and Confidence Intervals
- Practice creating a valuable array of plots and charts to reveal hidden trends and patterns in your data
- Differentiate between "signal" and "noise" in your data
- Understand and leverage different distribution models, and how each applies in the real world
- Form and test hypotheses – use multiple methods to define and interpret useful predictions
- Learn about statistical inference and drawing conclusions about the population