The focus of this course is on planning and implementing enterprise database infrastructure solutions by using SQL Server 2014 and other Microsoft technologies.COURSE OBJECTIVES:
After completing this course, students will be able to:•Assess an existing enterprise environment.•Plan and implement Policy-Based Management.•Describe the considerations for consolidating workloads with SQL Server 2014.•Describe considerations for including SQL Server 2014 in a private cloud.•Use Microsoft Azure storage with SQL Server 2014.•Implement and configure databases in Microsoft Azure SQL Database.•Implement and configure databases in Microsoft Azure virtual machines.•Describe high availability technologies in SQL Server 2014 and implement log shipping.•Describe Windows Server Failover Clustering and Implement an AlwaysOn Failover Cluster Instance.•Implement an Always On Availability Group.•Plan high availability and disaster recovery solutions.•Plan and implement database replication.
Designing a Database Server Infrastructure
- Planning a Database Server Infrastructure
- Planning Server Hardware
- Considerations for Database Server Consolidation
- Managing Server Resources in a Consolidated Database Infrastructure
- Lab : Planning Database Server Consolidation
Designing a Logical Database Schema
- Relational Database Design Techniques
- Planning Schemas and Tables
- Lab : Designing a Logical Database Schema
Designing a Physical Database Implementation
- Planning Files and Filegroups
- Planning a Partitioning Data
- Planning Compression
- Lab : Designing a Physical Database Implementation
Incorporating Data Files into Databases
- Considerations for Working with Data Files in SQL Server 2012
- Implementing FileStream and FileTables
- Searching Data Files
- Lab : Implementing a Solution for Storing Data Files
Tuning Database Performance
- Optimizing Query Performance by Using Indexes
- Working with Query Plans
- Performance Monitoring
- Lab : Using Indexes and Plan Guides
Designing Database Security
- Introduction to Security Planning
- Planning Security
- Contained Databases
- Protecting Data with Encryption
- Lab : Planning and Implementing Security
Policy Based Management
- Introduction to Policy-Based Management
- Planning and Implementing Policy-Based Management
- Lab : Planning Policy-Based Management
Monitoring Server Health
- Introduction to Server Health Monitoring
- SQL Server Utility
- Lab : Monitoring Server Health
Designing a Database Backup Solution
- SQL Server Backup and Restore
- Planning a Recovery Strategy
- Lab : Planning and Implementing a Backup Strategy
Automating Multi-Server Maintenance
- Overview of Maintenance Automation
- Managing Multiple Servers
- Lab : Automating Multi-Server Maintenance
Managing SQL Server with PowerShell
- Introduction to Windows PowerShell
- Scripting with Windows PowerShell
- Lab : Managing SQL Server with Windows PowerShell
- SQL Server Replication
- Planning Replication
- Lab : Planning and Implementing SQL Server Replication
Planning High Availability
- High Availability in SQL Server 2012
- AlwaysOn Availability Groups
- Lab : Implementing High Availability
This course is intended for database professionals who need who plan, implement, and manage database solutions. Primary responsibilities include:•Planning and implementing database infrastructure. •Planning and implementing consolidation strategies.•• Implementing SQL Server in on-premises, cloud, and hybrid IT scenarios.•Planning and implementing high availability solutions.•Planning and implementing disaster recovery solutions.
Virtual 20465 Designing Database Solutions for Microsoft® SQL Server® 2012 Online Live training option
Imagine an industry-leading classroom training experience from wherever you have access to the Internet.
The Virtual Online Live events listed here gives you an effective and proven online virtual learning experience with the freedom to attend virtually from anywhere.
There is also an option of experiencing Online Live from one of the many national partner centers where a computer and headset will be provided for you.
This rich and engaging virtual classroom environment lets you conveniently interact with instructors and other students.
You will hear and see your instructor as they teach the course and answer your questions via voice or text.
Choose the online live virtual training option and you can access the recorded version even after the class has finished.
The onDemand labs give you access to the same client and server technologies covered in class so you can test, apply and hone your skills by accessing the labs before and even after the class.
Technical Requirements: a computer or laptop with a modern browser and high speed internet access along with one or two monitors.