In this course, students will use Microsoft® Office Excel® 2013 to create spreadsheets and workbooks that you can use to store, manipulate, and share your data.COURSE OBJECTIVES:
At successful course completion, students will: • Get started with Excel 2013.• Perform calculations.• Modify a worksheet.• Format a worksheet.• Print workbook contents.• Manage large workbooks.• Customize the Excel environment.
Lesson 1: Getting Started with Microsoft® Excel® 2013
- Identify the Elements of the Excel Interface
- Create a Basic Worksheet
- Use the Help System
Lesson 2: Performing Calculations
- Create Formulas in a Worksheet
- Insert Functions in a Worksheet
- Reuse Formulas
Lesson 3: Modifying a Worksheet
- Manipulate Data
- Insert, Manipulate, and Delete Cells, Columns, and Rows
- Search for and Replace Data
- Spell Check a Worksheet
Lesson 4: Formatting a Worksheet
- Modify Fonts
- Add Borders and Color to Cells
- Apply Number Formats
- Align Cell Contents
- Apply Cell Styles
Lesson 5: Printing Workbook Contents
- Define the Basic Page Layout for a Workbook
- Refine the Page Layout and Apply Print Options
Lesson 6: Managing Large Workbooks
- Format Worksheet Tabs
- Manage Worksheets
- Manage the View of Worksheets and Workbooks
Lesson 7: Customizing the Excel Environment
- Customize General and Language Options
- Customize Formula Options
- Customize Proofing and Save Options
- Customize the Ribbon and Quick Access Toolbar
- Customize the Functionality of Excel by Enabling Add-Ins
- Customize Advanced and Trust Center Options
This course is intended for students who wish to gain the foundational understanding of Microsoft Office Excel 2013 that is necessary to create and work with electronic spreadsheets.
Virtual Excel 2013 - Part 1 Online Live training option
Imagine an industry-leading classroom training experience from wherever you have access to the Internet.
The Virtual Online Live events listed here gives you an effective and proven online virtual learning experience with the freedom to attend virtually from anywhere.
There is also an option of experiencing Online Live from one of the many national partner centers where a computer and headset will be provided for you.
This rich and engaging virtual classroom environment lets you conveniently interact with instructors and other students.
You will hear and see your instructor as they teach the course and answer your questions via voice or text.
Choose the online live virtual training option and you can access the recorded version even after the class has finished.
The onDemand labs give you access to the same client and server technologies covered in class so you can test, apply and hone your skills by accessing the labs before and even after the class.
Technical Requirements: a computer or laptop with a modern browser and high speed internet access along with one or two monitors.