Students will learn how to install, operate, configure, and verify a basic IPv4 and IPv6 network, including configuring a LAN switch, configuring an IP router, connecting to a WAN, and identifying basic security threats.
Building a Simple Network
- Exploring the Functions of Networking
- Understanding the Host-to-Host Communication
- Introducing LANs
- Operating Cisco IOS Software
- Starting a Switch
- Understanding Ethernet and Switch
- Troubleshooting Common Switch Media
Establishing Internet Connectivity
- Understanding the TCP/IP Internet
- Addressing and Subnets
- Understanding the TCP/IP Transport
- Exploring the Functions of Routing
- Configuring a Cisco Router
- Exploring the Packet-Delivery Proce...
- Enabling Static Routing
- Managing Traffic Using ACLs
- Enabling Internet Connectivity
Managing Network Device Security
- Securing Administrative Access
- Implementing Device Hardening
- Implementing Traffic Filtering
Building a Medium-Sized Network
- Implementing VLANs and Trunks
- Routing Between VLANs
- Using a Cisco Network Device
- Introducing WAN Technologies
- Introducing Dynamic Routing Protocol
- Implementing OSPF
- Introducing basic IPv6
- Understanding IPv6
- Configuring IPv6 Routing
Virtual Cisco® Interconnecting Cisco® Networking Devices Part 1 v2.0 (ICND1) Online Live training option
Imagine an industry-leading classroom training experience from wherever you have access to the Internet.
The Virtual Online Live events listed here gives you an effective and proven online virtual learning experience with the freedom to attend virtually from anywhere.
There is also an option of experiencing Online Live from one of the many national partner centers where a computer and headset will be provided for you.
This rich and engaging virtual classroom environment lets you conveniently interact with instructors and other students.
You will hear and see your instructor as they teach the course and answer your questions via voice or text.
Choose the online live virtual training option and you can access the recorded version even after the class has finished.
The onDemand labs give you access to the same client and server technologies covered in class so you can test, apply and hone your skills by accessing the labs before and even after the class.
Technical Requirements: a computer or laptop with a modern browser and high speed internet access along with one or two monitors.