Despite years of advances in both legal and corporate policy, many qualified women don't get the jobs they want. Misperceptions, stereotypes, and misplaced emotions on the part of either sex can still sabotage a woman's career hopes-unless she takes a more strategic approach to her career.
In this hands-on course, you learn how to strategically use your strengths and abilities (your competitive edge) while mastering your emotions, even in the most unwelcoming atmosphere. You'll learn how to build a network of support, take smart risks, and view competition in a more positive light. Discover how to conduct yourself in a manner that earns you respect, and pursue your goals with positive energy. You will return to your job feeling confident, ready to compete fearlessly, and in a better position to be recognized for your true capabilities.
- Overcome overt and hidden biases against women as leaders
- Adopt a competitive mindset that leverages your strengths as a woman
- Build a wide and strategic network of key stakeholders who will promote your career
- Avoid taking a perfectionist approach to competitive and challenging situations
- Recover from losses quickly by taking things less personally
- Deal with hypercompetitive colleagues with whom you have low trust
1. Becoming a more confident, assertive woman in a competitive, male-dominated world
2. Getting out of your comfort zone and developing a more resilient mindset
3. Gaining a competitive advantage by taking smart career risks
4. Initiating and forming friendly competitor and challenger relationships
5. Expanding your strategic network in a virtual world
6. Collaborating with people you don't like
Female business professionals who are looking to move forward in their organizations by developing the best possible leadership style to fit the positions they want.