This workshop provides you with the advanced knowledge, skills, and abilities to achieve competence in troubleshooting the VMware® vSphere® environment.
At the end of the course, you should gain an understanding of the functionality in vSphere 5.1 and be able to do the following:
• Use the VMware vSphere® Web Client, the command line,
and log files to diagnose and correct problems in vSphere.
• Configure SSL certificates.
• Troubleshoot networking issues.
• Troubleshoot storage issues.
• Troubleshoot vCenter Server issues.
• Troubleshoot ESXi host issues.
• Troubleshoot vSphere cluster issues.
• Troubleshoot VMware vSphere® vMotion® issues.
• Troubleshoot virtual machine issues.
• System administrators
• System integrators
- Introductions and course logistics
Introduction to Troubleshooting
- Using a structured approach to troubleshooting
- Adding the VMware vSphere® Management Assistant to an Active Directory environment
Using commands to record information about your vSphere configuration
Locating important log files
Gathering log bundles for technical support
- Implementing SSL certificates for vCenter Server
Implementing SSL certificates for ESXi
- Troubleshooting standard switch issues
Troubleshooting virtual machine network connectivity issues
Troubleshooting management network connectivity issues
Troubleshooting distributed switch issues
- Troubleshooting LUN connectivity issues
Troubleshooting multipathing issues
- Troubleshooting vSphere cluster issues
Troubleshooting vSphere vMotion issues
vCenter Server and ESXi
- Troubleshooting vCenter Server issues
Troubleshooting ESXi host issues
- Troubleshooting virtual machine state issues
Troubleshooting VMware® Tools™ installation issues
Troubleshooting VMware snapshot issues
Troubleshooting virtual machine power-on issues
Virtual VMware® vSphere: Troubleshooting Workshop v5.1 Online Live training option
Imagine an industry-leading classroom training experience from wherever you have access to the Internet.
The Virtual Online Live events listed here gives you an effective and proven online virtual learning experience with the freedom to attend virtually from anywhere.
There is also an option of experiencing Online Live from one of the many national partner centers where a computer and headset will be provided for you.
This rich and engaging virtual classroom environment lets you conveniently interact with instructors and other students.
You will hear and see your instructor as they teach the course and answer your questions via voice or text.
Choose the online live virtual training option and you can access the recorded version even after the class has finished.
The onDemand labs give you access to the same client and server technologies covered in class so you can test, apply and hone your skills by accessing the labs before and even after the class.
Technical Requirements: a computer or laptop with a modern browser and high speed internet access along with one or two monitors.