Windows 8 provides a number of solutions for integration with cloud services such as Office 365. In this course we will look at the considerations for deploying cloud services, how to manage store based and custom apps.
The course also covers considerations for the management of user profiles and their content. This course is one of a series which cover the objectives for Microsoft Exam 70-688: Managing and Maintaining Windows 8. This exam is a requirement for the Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA): Windows 8 certification.
Please note this course is based on the original Windows 8 release. Skillsoft recommends visiting the vendor website to confirm exam requirements.Learning Objectives
- Recognize Windows To Go boot requirements
- Recognize how different virtualization options operate on Windows 8
- Recognize how to prepare machines for Windows Multi boot and VHD boot
- Recognize the difference between upgrading and migrating to Windows 8
- Identify the likely causes of Windows 8 application compatibility issues
- Describe how Microsoft App-V can be used to centrally manage and maintain desktop applications
- Recognize the options for managing application updates
- Discuss options for managing IE 10 with Group Policy
- Plan a Windows 8 migration strategy, create a series of tasks on planning a Windows 8 migration strategy including a strategy for Windows To Go, operating system virtualization, native VHD boot, multi boot and application compatibility