This course equips students with the skills they require to deploy and configure System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager.COURSE OBJECTIVES:
At Course Completion, students will:
•Plan for the deployment of System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager including:
•Defining hardware and software requirements.
•Describing security considerations.
•Architect a highly available System Center and Microsoft SQL Server platform utilizing Microsoft SQL Server AlwaysOn.
•Planning for migration and upgrade scenarios to System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager.
•Customize the Operations Console with User Roles.
•Perform different methods of Agent deployment with System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager.
•Implement key Management Pack concepts and elements including Management Packs Templates.
•Configure Notifications, Reporting, and Service Level Tracking in System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager.
•Configure the following:
•Audit Collection Services.
•Agentless Exception Monitoring.
•Operations Manager SharePoint Web Part in System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager.
•Configure Application Performance Monitoring and Network Device monitoring in System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager.
•Configure dashboards and widgets in System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager.
•Describe how to use new cloud-based features including System Center Global Service Monitor and System Center Advisor.
•Configure integration between System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager and other System Center 2012 R2 components.
•Troubleshoot an Operations Manager Management Group.
•Perform disaster recovery in System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager.
Overview and Architecture
- Operations Manager in the Cloud and Data Center
- Operations Manager Overview
- Core Components and Topology
- Key features of System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager
- Planning and Sizing System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager
- Lab : Using the System Center 2012 Operations Manager Sizing Helper Tool
Deploying a new System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager Management Group
- •Security Considerations
- •Management Group Design Considerations
- •Installing System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager
- Configuring Operations Manager Default Settings
- Configuring Agentless Exception Monitoring (AEM)
- Agent Deployment Methods
- Configuring Audit Collection Services
- Lab : Installing System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager and Deploying Agents
Upgrading Operations Manager
- Migration and Upgrade Planning
- Upgrading to System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager
- Migrating to System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager
- Lab : Upgrading to System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager
Configuring Fabric and Application Monitoring
- Management Packs Fundamentals
- Configuring Network Device Monitoring
- Configuring Fabric Monitoring
- Configuring Application Monitoring
- Lab : Configuring Application and Fabric Monitoring
Application Performance Monitoring
- Application Performance Monitoring
- Using IntelliTrace
- Team Foundation Server Integration
- Lab : Configuring Application Performance Monitoring
End to End Service Monitoring
- Management Pack Templates
- Distributed Application Models
- Global Service Monitor
- Real-time Visio Dashboards
- Lab : Configuring End to End Service Monitoring
Scorecards, Dashboards and Reporting
- Configuring and Managing Reporting in Operations Manager
- Configuring Service Level Tracking
- Configuring the Operations Manager SharePoint WebPart
- Configuring Dashboards and Widgets
- Creating Custom Dashboards
- Lab : Configuring Reporting, Dashboards and Service Level Tracking
Configuring and Customizing the Console
- Security, Scoping and User Roles
- Creating Custom Views
- Configuring Notification Subscriptions
- Creating Diagnostic and Recovery Tasks
- Lab : Customizing the Operations Console
Management Pack Authoring
- Management Packs Authoring Concepts
- Authoring a Management Pack
- Lab : Authoring Management Packs
System Center Integration
- Integrating Operations Manager with Service Manager
- Integrating Operations Manager with Data Protection Manager
- Integrating Operations Manager with Orchestrator
- Lab : Configuring System Center Integration
Troubleshooting, Tuning and Disaster Recovery
- Troubleshooting Operations Manager Core Components
- Configuring SQL AlwaysOn for Operations Manager
- Configuring Data Retention in Operations Manager
- Using Reports to troubleshoot Operations Manager
- Disaster Recovery
- Lab : Troubleshooting Operations Manager
The primary audience for this course is cloud and datacenter administrators who are new to System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager and are responsible for deploying, configuring and operating it in their cloud or datacenter. The secondary audience for this course is cloud and datacenter administrators who are already familiar with Operations Manager and want to upgrade their skills to include the new features found in System Center 2012 Operations Manager, System Center 2012 SP1 Operations Manager and System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager.
Virtual 10964 Datacenter Monitoring with System Center Operations Manager Online Live training option
Imagine an industry-leading classroom training experience from wherever you have access to the Internet.
The Virtual Online Live events listed here gives you an effective and proven online virtual learning experience with the freedom to attend virtually from anywhere.
There is also an option of experiencing Online Live from one of the many national partner centers where a computer and headset will be provided for you.
This rich and engaging virtual classroom environment lets you conveniently interact with instructors and other students.
You will hear and see your instructor as they teach the course and answer your questions via voice or text.
Choose the online live virtual training option and you can access the recorded version even after the class has finished.
The onDemand labs give you access to the same client and server technologies covered in class so you can test, apply and hone your skills by accessing the labs before and even after the class.
Technical Requirements: a computer or laptop with a modern browser and high speed internet access along with one or two monitors.