First of all, why should my company or those companies I support apply an enterprise business architecture?
This three-day workshop offers a breadth of topics
covering enterprise-wide analysis while drilling down into the business
architecture. There are many key benefits for focusing on the business
- Decreases costs of business analysis activities for projects
- Decreases scope gaps and portfolio management conflicts
- Improves business decision making and the visibility of business process opportunities
- Assures alignment of technology to business valued processes
- Improves communications
- Shortens time for business transformations
- Reduces technology investment risks
- Assists in requirements tracking
- Increases reusability of assets
Alright then, how might this workshop help me if I don't
have a company that is implementing an enterprise business architecture?
The business architecture has many components and artifacts.
They might not all be applicable to every enterprise. The techniques
and tools that you will apply in the workshop can be tailored to your
specific company's environment. The key is to gain a "good enough"
understanding so that you can communicate the benefits of relevant
business architecture components and artifacts and know which will
provide the biggest business value.
Many of these initiatives will take years to implement while
changing the enterprise paradigm to effectively utilize the result.
Managers tend to be assigned to these initiatives without the knowledge
or skills to make them successful. Be ready for these enterprise
initiatives! Assure business value when transitioning from strategy to
tactical. Participants will learn to identify the best approach to use
based on initiative characteristics and business strategies.
You will learn how to:
- Be a strategic advisor for both business and technology organizations
- Leverage architectural models to bridge business units and technology organizations
- Work with product owners to identify gaps between business capabilities and product roadmaps
- Build a business architecture that meets the needs of your enterprise
- Use techniques and tools to build business architecture components and artifacts
- Define scope of initiatives through the reuse of architectural components
- Identify problems and opportunities using the business architecture
- Justify opportunities and assess feasibility of proposed solutions
- Apply architectural principles to business opportunities
- Capture stakeholder views and business requirements
- Assess solution alternatives
- Assess and present alternative solutions for decision making, buy-in and approval
- Assist in portfolio management prioritization
- Assure alignment by tracking the opportunity's business value and vision from strategy to implementation
- Communicate the business architecture and present solutions to management
Substitution & Cancellation Policy:
You may cancel or reschedule up to 21 days prior to the start date of the class at no penalty. For any cancellation or reschedule requests within 21 days, the full course tuition is still due and not eligible for refund. Any paid tuition will be credited towards a future class and must be used within 12 months.
*Partner delivered courses may be subject to different cancellation terms