To recognize the scope and capabilities of enhancements to SQL and PL/SQL, including tools such as SQL*Plus and SQL Developer, and use them to create reports and scripts, browse and manage database objects, find subpatterns, and track dependenciesLearning Objectives
- Using SQL*Plus - recognize ways for using SQL*Plus commands to display the structure of a table and perform some editing and file management tasks.
- Use SQL Developer - recognize the steps for using SQL Developer and SQL Worksheet to connect to a database, browse and export database objects, and use SQL*Plus to enter and execute SQL and PL/SQL statements.
- Creating Reports and Migrating with SQL Developer - identify the steps for using SQL Developer to create reports and migrate to an Oracle Database 11g database.
- Use Language Functionality Enhancements - recognize the steps for using Oracle Database 11g's new SQL and PL/SQL language functionality enhancements.
- DCN and Lock Enhancements - recognize the scope and uses of Data Change Notification (DCN) and lock enhancements.
- Using Language Functionality Enhancements - use SQL and PL/SQL language functionality enhancements to connect to a database and create a report, examine dependency at the element level, and modify an exception handler.