The Leadership Skills For Women Seminar
We’ve never met, but you and I have plenty in common. We’re women in leadership positions. Despite tremendous advances women professionals have experienced over the years, we still find ourselves facing tough challenges. We get mixed messages and mixed reactions as we take on leadership roles. And all too often, we get only mixed results when leading others.
That’s why I’m eager to share news of an incredible leadership training opportunity for women like us: Leadership & Management for Women. Developed by the National Businesswomen’s Leadership Association, this intensive one-day workshop is designed to build on our inherent talents and strengths to help us become more effective, more confident and more successful.
In this results-focused program, you will learn …
- Strategies for effective leadership at all levels — in every situation
- Discipline and feedback skills for improving employee performance
- Supervision techniques guaranteed to earn you cooperation and respect
- Assertive communication techniques to ask for what you need directly and tactfully
- How to sell your ideas in meetings and to the boss
- Tools for handling confrontation and conflict with ease
- Motivation strategies for bringing out the best in your employees
- Lessons and insight from women in top leadership positions
That’s just the beginning! You’ll discover how to disagree firmly but tactfully without backing down. How to effectively delegate. How to turn around specific unwanted employee behaviors. How to keep your ideas from being drowned out by louder male voices in meetings.
What’s more, you’ll develop a Personal Action Plan — a road map to put you on the fast track to achieving your leadership goals.In a relaxed, stress-free environment, you’ll learn shoulder to shoulder with other professional women from your area, networking with leaders you’d never have had the chance to meet otherwise. You’ll leave motivated and energized, armed with must-have leadership tools guaranteed to make a dramatic, immediate impact on your results.
Don’t miss this chance to build your skills fast to become a highly effective, inspiring leader others are eager to follow!
A Woman’s Unique Strength as a Leader: How to Develop Yours!
- Understanding how your strengths play into today’s management style
- Major myths about women in leadership you should erase from your consciousness
- What’s your Power Profile? An insightful self-assessment
- Why you can’t be everyone’s best pal, and other missteps women leaders must avoid
- Taking risks, taking responsibility, taking action — and other crucial leadership lessons from today’s most successful women in business
Winning Motivation Techniques and Other Must-Have Leadership Tools
- Proven techniques for motivating your employees to give their all
- The power of sincere praise to motivate, build loyalty and keep good employees
- The art of delegation — and why some women find it so tough
- Key negotiation strategies for getting what you want without being a steamroller
- Top 10 Tools: Goal-setting, coaching, team-building and 7 other supervisory essentials sure to earn you respect from employees, peers and top brass
Criticism and Discipline for Improved Employee Performance
- 13 reasons why people don’t do what they’re supposed to do and what you can do about it
- When — and how — to confront employee performance problems
- How-to’s for giving constructive feedback that results in improved performance, not anger and defensiveness
- Tips for turning around attitude problems and other specific unwanted behaviors
- Discipline techniques that really work — and measures guaranteed to fall flat
Assertive Communication: Your Key to Leadership Success
- Assertive communication: How to be direct in a tactful, professional manner
- Be heard! Proven strategies for getting your ideas heard in meetings — even when louder male voices threaten to drown you out
- Uncomfortable speaking in front of others? Power speaking skills to help you shine
- How to say “no” without feeling guilty
- Active listening tips that double your communication effectiveness
Effectively Handling Confrontation, Conflict and Other Uncomfortable Situations
- How to disagree firmly but tactfully, without backing down at the last minute
- Why women so often fear confrontation — and a step-by-step method for calmly facing it head on
- The 3-point A.C.E. method to conflict resolution
- Quick-thinking strategies for handling cheap shots and hardball tactics
- Tips for neutralizing paralyzing emotions so you can think straight when things get heated
Dealing With the Diversity Of the Workplace
- Avoid the pitfalls when supervising those much younger or older than you
- Build a framework for creating a successful organizational culture from your staff’s diversity
- Strategies that get past gender bias: What you can do when issues arise
- Plain ol’ difficult people ... are they really difficult or just different?
- Create an atmosphere of inclusion for workers with disabilities
- Learn how to supervise those with different work ethics, styles and perspectives
Building Credibility and Increasing Your Visibility to Get Ahead
- Credibility plus: Tips for communicating the image of a total professional
- Common land mines that can damage a woman’s leadership credibility — and how to sidestep them
- Strategies for increasing your visibility, inside and outside your organization
- How to toot your own horn to showcase your accomplishments without being obnoxious
- Expanding your connections through the power of networking: How to make it work
Onward and Upward: Creating a Success Roadmap
- Looking beyond the boundaries of self-limiting perspectives to determine what your version of success really is
- Be prepared! Gaining the key skills top management looks for in women they promote
- How a mentor can pave the way for you — don’t be afraid to ask!
- Guarding your personal time: The secret to avoiding management burn-out and stress overload
- Developing your Personal Action Plan
Cancelation Policy: If you cannot attend an event, you may send someone else in your place. If that isn’t an option for you, cancellations received up to five working days before the event are refundable, minus a registration service charge ($10 for one-day events; $25 for multiple-day events). After that, cancellations are subject to the entire seminar fee, which you may apply toward a future seminar. Please note that if you don’t cancel and don’t attend, you are still responsible for payment.