Our Advanced Internal Investigations Certificate Program is an advanced course on internal investigations.
It goes beyond the basic what, why, and how of conducting an internal investigation and focuses - through both lecture and dynamic classroom discussion - on complex legal situations involving Title VII, ADA, anti-discrimination, and other regulatory areas.
You also will learn best practices for handling FMLA and disability fraud and post-investigation issues such as preparation for unemployment and arbitration hearings, insurance claims, and litigation.
All of these are critical issues, and senior leadership often turns to HR for advice and counsel when these issues arise...but if you don’t know how to handle these issues – both immediately and correctly – it could mean fines, penalties, and worse for your organization. That’s where this course can help.
Key Benefits Of Attending
Consisting of both lecture and Interactive Exercises where you get to practice what you learn, this two-day workshop provides you with the knowledge and skills you need to reduce employee complaints, minimize risk and legal liability, enhance your career, and most importantly, provide you with the knowledge and skills to become a better investigator.By attending this course, you will learn practical tools, tips, and techniques to improve your investigative skills - and boost your confidence in handling sensitive and complex employee issues.Specifically, you will learn:
- Steps for responding to – and investigating - a potential Title VII violation
- How to handle an EEOC charge
- Methods for identifying and investigating workers compensation and disability fraud
- How to properly investigate FMLA and other leave abuse cases
- What to do when you're notified of a potential violation of anti-discrimination laws
- Current issues involving the NLRB - and challenges to the investigative process
- Steps for identifying – and investigating - persons who have the potential for committing an act of workplace violence
- Best practices for gathering and preserving physical, digital, and documentary evidence
- Steps for interviewing difficult and hostile witnesses to obtain testimonial evidence
- Advanced techniques for investigative interviewing
- Proven procedures for developing, acquiring, and documenting testimonial evidence
- When - and how - to involve law enforcement in an internal investigation
- How to prepare a "court ready" investigate report
- How to handle post-investigative issues, including defending investigative finds in arbitration hearings, unemployment hearings, and insurance claims
- How to minimize the risks of retaliation and expensive legal claims against the organization
- Recent court cases: what went wrong, and how you can keep it from happening to you
Included Materials, Credits, And Benefits
A "Certificate in Advanced Internal Investigations"Upon completion of this seminar, you will be awarded with a "Certificate in Advanced Internal Investigations". This certificate will become a permanent addition to your professional resume, and greatly enhance your value to your organization.PHR / SPHR Re-Certification Credits! This program is approved for 12 re-certification credit hours through the HR Certification Institute. The Internal Investigations Training & Certification ProgramAs a seminar participant, you receive access to our Internal Investigations Training & Certification Program. This courses provide detailed specifics - including numerous examples, administrative tips, procedural recommendations, and interactive questions - for performing an investigation. Available online, it allows you to study at your pace and access materials anytime, anywhere with an internet connection. You also receive EIGHT additional hours of PHR/SPHR re-certification credits for this course