Payroll tax audits are increasing at both the state and federal levels. Unfortunately, many employers are simply unprepared for an audit.
Get ahead of potential trouble with this training session from Mark Schwartz, a former payroll tax auditor who will give you a proactive review of how your payroll department can catch some potential mistakes - and save your organization from fines or penalties!
This training session will teach you where to start, what to look for, common mistakes, and what you should do once you find a mistake!
In this webinar, Mark will help you evaluate and adjust you payroll operations to minimize exposure in an audit. Among other things, you will learn:
- The IRS' directives to auditors on what to focus on during payroll audits
- How the IRS determines issues for your company
- How to conduct yourself if you are audited
- Responsible parties
- Common areas that you can fix in advance where mistakes or issues are normally found during an audit
- How an independent internal review can help you detect internal control issues
- How to identify any areas of concern prior to an external audit or an audit by another group within your company
- Where to go to for assistance so you are not re-creating the wheel
- How to devise a game plan for what you want to review, and how to divide and conquer
...and as always, this session will be interactive, so we'll be able to answer your questions on this topic throughout the presentation!
About Your Speaker:
Mark Schwartz has over 15 years experience in state and federal payroll tax audits, collections, and payroll consulting.
As an auditor, Mark prided himself on his ability to educate his auditees on state and federal payroll tax requirements. Whatever issues he found in audits, he ensured the auditee knew how to comply in the future. He worked to minimize company disruptions in the audit process.
In addition to his real-life experiences, Mark has a Masters in Business Administration, and currently uses his entertaining and helpful personality to help organizations prepare for payroll tax audits - whether they've already got the notice or are still hoping they don't!
PHR / SPHR Credits!
This program has been approved for 1.5 recertification credit hours through the HR Certification Institute. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org. The use of this seal is not an endorsement by HRCI of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met HRCI's criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit