Learn how DevOps has brought together years of the most effective and proven practices from development and operations (Agile, Lean, and more) – and aligned them around common characteristics: value, cross-functional collaboration, agility, and strong teams. DevOps is really the marrying of process, infrastructure, and product. Take this class to learn how to bring these groups together to optimize, re-think, and re-engineer your processes.
We’ll take a look at establishing a common definition of DevOps and understand why DevOps is so important. Through case studies, we’ll see that high performing organizations are using DevOps as a competitive advantage. Don’t be left behind! In addition, this class will teach the keys to fostering a culture for successful DevOps implementations, and give you a roadmap to get started. Finally, this class will help you understand the tools necessary to automate your processes for maximum efficiency. We’ll put all the pieces of the puzzle together for you.
- Discover what DevOps is and is not
- Learn how other organizations are using DevOps concepts to gain competitive advantage
- Understand the tools that can help you automate processes
- Learn tips and techniques for changing your culture to support DevOps
- Understand why DevOps is important and why high-performing IT organizations are rushing to implement DevOps concepts
- Review case studies to understand exactly how companies are achieving DevOps success
- Learn how to optimize, rethink, and re-engineer your IT processes to deliver value to your customers faster than ever!
- Take Agile to the next Level – end to end processes with all IT groups
- Understand the metrics you should be focusing on
- Get real-world examples that work
Substitution & Cancellation Policy:
You may cancel or reschedule up to 21 days prior to the start date of the class at no penalty. For any cancellation or reschedule requests within 21 days, the full course tuition is still due and not eligible for refund. Any paid tuition will be credited towards a future class and must be used within 12 months.
*Partner delivered courses may be subject to different cancellation terms
Part 1: Introduction
- Establish Goals and Current State
- The Goal of DevOps
Exercise: Individual and Team Goals – Identifying current issues and goals
Part 2: What Is DevOps?
- Background and History
- Symptoms and Problems in Today’s Environment
- The IT Core Chronic Conflict
- DevOps Roles
- DevOps Defined
- Core Concepts
Exercise: The Ball Point Game – Creative team game to learn about process optimization
Part 3: Why Do DevOps?
- Driving Factors
- Amazon’s Process: A Case Study
- State of DevOps Report
- Manufacturing and DevOps
Part 4: DevOps at Microsoft – a Case Study
- Dark Launches
- Feature Flags
- Agile to DevOps
- Live Site Culture
Part 5: How Does DevOps Work
- Continuous Integration
- Continuous Deployment
- Continuous Delivery
- Continuous Testing
- Continuous Monitoring
- Kanban End-to-End
Exercise: The Penny Game – See how Kanban and batch sizes affect delivery
Part 6: Culture and DevOps
- People and Trust
- Engagement is Key
- Change the Metrics!
- Law of Motivation
- Keys to Successful DevOps Culture
Exercise: DISC Assessment – personality/culture exercise
Part 7: Tool Time
- Build Automation
- Test Automation
- Deployment Automation
- Environment Provisioning
- Automated Feedback and Monitoring
Exercise: DevOps Assessment – Where Are We?
Part 8: Summary and Next Steps