Insightful Technology Answers for Your Law Practice
Technology tools and solutions are ever-evolving. Are you confident you can navigate through the complex maze of technology necessary to your firm's success? This engaging course will highlight how you can tailor the technology you already own to your unique everyday tasks. Make the best use of the many legal research and management tools available - register today!
- Understand how to keep crucial information secure in the cloud.
- Walk through guidelines on proper retention and destruction of data.
- Learn the ins and outs of efficient uses of smartphones and tablets in your legal practice.
- Examine the use of attachments and images in client communications and recognize potential pitfalls before they arise.
- Discuss the ethical issues surrounding personal vs. professional use of technology in the law office.
All times are shown in Eastern time
- Digital Document Management
11:00 - 12:00, Christopher J. DelliCarpini
- Going Paperless
- Data Storage and Security: Protecting Your Data in the Cloud
- Retention/Destruction Rules and Tips
- Organizing Your Legal Work: Note-Taking Tools, Reminders, etc.
- Collaboration on Case Files
- Smartphones and Tablets at Work: Risks, Uses, Handy Apps
12:15 - 1:15, Christopher J. DelliCarpini
- Client Communications on the Go
1:15 - 2:15, Bryan M. Sims
- Email Risks, Etiquette, Protective Apps
- Texting with Clients and Opposing Counsel
- Attachments, Images and Metadata Issues
- Case Management Tools, Hacks and Daily Time-Savers
2:45 - 3:45, Sheryn Bruehl
- Billing/Time Tracking/Invoicing Options and Efficiency Tricks
3:45 - 4:45, Sheryn Bruehl
- Legal Ethics
5:00 - 6:00, Bryan M. Sims
- New Duty of Technology Competency
- Protecting Confidentiality
- Separating Personal from Professional use
- Deleting Data and Disposing of Old Devices
*Any mention of specific products in this program is intended as part of a general overview and does not constitute NBI's endorsement or recommendation of any specific product or provider. This program is not sponsored by any technology or electronics provider.
This program is geared towards attorneys. Paralegals may also benefit from attending.