This course explains how to implement & configure new Windows Server 2016 features. This course is for IT professionals who want to upgrade their technical skills from Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2012 to Windows Server 2016.COURSE OBJECTIVES:
After completing this course, students will be able to:
Install and configure Windows Server 2016.
Describe storage in Windows Server 2016.
Implement directory services.
Implement Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS).
Configure advanced networking features.
Implement software-defined networking.
Implement remote access.
Deploy and manage Windows and Hyper-V containers.
Implement failover clustering.
Implement failover clustering by using virtual machines.
Installing & Configuring Windows Server 2016
- Introducing Windows Server 2016
- Installing Windows Server 2016
- Configuring Windows Server 2016
- Preparing for upgrades and migrations
- Migrating server roles and workloads
- Windows Server activation models
- Lab : Installing and configuring Server Core
Overview of Storage in Windows Server 2016
- Overview of storage in Windows Server 2016
- Implementing Data Deduplication
- Configuring iSCSI storage
- Configuring the Storage Spaces feature in Windows Server 2016
- Lab : Implementing and managing storage
Implementing Directory Services
- Deploying AD DS domain controllers
Implementing service accounts
What is Azure AD?
Lab: Implementing and Managing AD DS
Implementing AD FS
- Overview of AD FS
- Deploying AD FS
- Implementing AD FS for a single organization
- Implementing Web Application Proxy
- Implementing SSO with Microsoft online services
- Lab : Implementing AD FS
- Lab : Implementing Web Application Proxy
Implementing Network Services
- Overview of networking enhancements
- Implementing IPAM
- Managing IP address spaces with IPAM
- Lab : Implementing network services
- Configuring the Hyper-V role in Windows Server 2016
- Configuring Hyper-V storage
- Configuring Hyper-V networking
- Configuring Hyper-V virtual machines
- Lab: Implementing server virtualization with Hyper-V
Configuring Advanced Network Features
- Overview of high-performance networking features
- Configuring advanced Hyper-V networking features
- Lab: Configuring advanced Hyper-V networking features
Implementing Software Defined Networking
- Overview of SDN
- Implementing network virtualization
- Implementing Network Controller
- Lab : Deploying Network Controller
Implementing Remote Access
- Remote access overview
- Implementing DirectAccess
- Implementing a virtual private network (VPN)
- Lab: Implementing DirectAccess
Deploying & Managing Windows Server & Hyper-V Containers
- Overview of containers in Windows Server 2016
- Preparing for containers
- Installing, configuring, and managing containers by using Docker
- Lab : Installing and configuring containers
Implementing Failover Clustering
- Overview of failover clustering
- Implementing a failover cluster
- Configuring highly-available applications and services on a failover cluster
- Maintaining a failover cluster
- Implementing a stretch cluster
- Lab: Implementing failover clustering
Implementing Failover Clustering with Windows Server 2016 Hyper-V
- Overview of the integration of Hyper-V Server 2016 with failover clustering
- Implementing Hyper-V virtual machines on failover clusters
- Implementing Windows Server 2016 Hyper-V virtual machine migration
- Implementing the Hyper-V Replica feature
- Lab: Implementing failover clustering with Windows Server 2016 Hyper-V
This course is for IT professionals who are experienced Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2008 system administrators, with real-world experience working in a Windows Server 2008 R2 or Windows Server 2008 enterprise environment. Additionally, students should have obtained the MCSA credential for Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2012, or they should have equivalent knowledge. Additionally, IT professionals who plan to take the Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) exams might be interested in this course, as preparation for the MCSA exams, which are a prerequisite for the MCSE specialties.