Securing, lifting, and moving materials can be a hazardous occupation. It's important workers involved with hoisting and rigging activities are aware of the elements of safe rigging practice. In this course, you'll learn about using rigging in a safe and responsible manner. Learner objectives are to identify rigging hazards and the PPE used to protect against those hazards, and to recognize the proper selection, inspection, and storage of rigging equipment.
This course was developed with subject matter support provided by the Pinchin Group of Companies, an environmental health and safety consulting firm with offices across Canada.Learning Objectives
- Identify types of hazards associated with using rigging equipment
- Match examples of PPE to the type of hazard protection provided
- Identify the three criteria used to select rigging equipment
- Understand how to inspect rigging equipment
- Understand when to inspect rigging equipment
- Identify methods for proper storage of rigging equipment