An awareness-level course that discusses how to work safely with electricity. It focuses on specific electrical hazards found in the workplace and methods to minimize or eliminate those hazards. The content in this course is designed to comply with the intent of the applicable regulatory requirements and best practice standards.
Learner objectives are to: recall basic rules of electricity as they relate to electrical safety, identify actions to take in an electricity-related emergency, recognize common electrical hazards, and describe methods to reduce or eliminate electrical hazards.
This course was developed with subject matter support provided by the Pinchin Group of Companies, an environmental, health, and safety consulting firm with offices across Canada.Learning Objectives
- Identify basic rules of electricity
- Identify the electrical principles that were ignored for a given injury scenario
- Identify common electrical related injuries and effects of electricity on the human body
- Identify actions to take in an electrical emergency
- Identify common electrical hazards of using extension cords and guidelines for avoiding them
- Identify common electrical hazards
- Identify factors related to overhead power line safety
- Identify methods to reduce or eliminate electrical hazards