Proven, Up-to-the Minute Prevention Tips
FTC Regulators are tightening regulations on numerous Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) violations in an effort to stop harassment and abusive collection retrieval practices. Our seasoned faculty will walk you through the top ten violations that the FDCPA are targeting and will give you proven tactics on how to avoid these common mistakes. Be prepared if regulators come knocking on your clients' door. Register today!
- Know that threats of litigation are no longer acceptable and violators may be reprimanded.
- Learn the rules revolving around third party disclosure and when it is illegal.
- Clarify how applying the automatic stay rules can stop or present debt collector contacts.
Session Time: 11:00 AM - 12:30 PM Eastern
Presented by: Thomas R. Dominczyk and Shannon P. Miller
- Convenience Fee Obligations
- Threats of Litigation: Emerging Violations
- Collection Letter and Envelope Oversights
- Debt Sale Practices
- Training Materials
- Disclosures to Third Parties
- Validation of the Debt
- New Violations of the Automatic Stay
- Failure to Maintain or Obtain State Licensing and/or Registration as a Consumer Collection Agency
- Meaningful Litigation of Consumer Accounts
This program is geared towards attorneys. Collection managers, accountant, banking professionals, financial planners, CPAs and paralegals may also benefit.