Masterfully Handle Real Estate Transaction Complexities
Many real estate transactions seem routine at the outset, but once you dig into purchase agreement hang-ups, title issues and closing problems, things quickly become challenging. Mishandling these and other issues can have disastrous consequences, leading to hits on your reputation, loss of clients or even malpractice claims. Let our experienced faculty share their strategies for handling complex real estate transaction issues. You&'ll take away valuable information you can use to make informed real estate transaction decisions that protect your client - and yourself. Register today!
- Get advanced-level strategies for issues concerning purchase contracts, title insurance, closings and more.
- Effectively negotiate inspection contingencies, repair requirements and other critical purchase contract sticking points.
- Resolve challenging real estate title insurance problems concerning legal descriptions, lack of probate and more.
- Keep pace with the top issues and developments concerning the TILA-RESPA Integrated Disclosure (TRID).
- Confidently navigate closing issues that have the potential to cause malpractice claims if not handled correctly.
- Obtain variances from zoning laws that would otherwise prevent real estate transactions from coming to fruition.
- Advanced Purchase Contract Negotiation: Maximizing Protections and Avoiding Legal Limbo
9:00 - 10:00, Peter L. Kogan
- Restrictive Covenants
- Loan Assumption Clauses
- Financing Contingencies
- Repair Requirements
- Condition of Title
- Contract Deadlines
- Inspection Contingencies
- Environmental Issues
- Walking Away from the Deal: When is it the Best Option?
- Navigating Title Insurance Policy and Endorsement Issues
10:15 - 11:15, Jeffrey T. Morris
- Exception Issues: How to Analyze, Investigate and Resolve
- Legal Description Problems: Do They Close?
- Environmental Matters: What is Actually Covered?
- Title Insurance and Prior Foreclosures
- Lack of Probate and How to Deal with it
- Waterfront Property Title Issues
- Subsequent Events That Void Coverage: Engaging in Proactive Preparation
- Keeping up with TRID Issues: Ensuring They Don't Hinder Real Estate Transactions
11:15 - 12:15, Jeffrey T. Morris
- Problems at Closing: Moving Past Difficulties and Sidestepping Malpractice Claims
1:15 - 2:15, Jeffrey T. Morris
- Closing Instruction Issues, Including Changes
- Fund Disbursement Issues
- Closing Document Clerical Errors with Lasting Consequence
- Fee Calculation Mistakes
- Hazard Insurance, Homeowner's Insurance etc.,: Potential Issues
- Loan Payoffs - Equity Line of Credit Issues and More
- Handling Special Grantor and Grantee Closing Situations
- Powers of Attorney
- Personal Representatives
- LLCs and Corporations
- Zoning, Subdivisions and Easements: Resolving Issues That Affect Transactions
2:30 - 3:30, Peter L. Kogan
- Intended Property Uses: Proving They Don't Conflict with Zoning Laws
- Non-Conforming Use Permit, Conditional Use Permit or Variance: When and How to Obtain
- Easement, Encroachments and Surveys: Spotting the Obvious and Not-so-Obvious
- Landlocked Properties: Getting Clients the Access They Need
- Overcoming Subdivision Issues: Planned Communities, Condos, Multi-Family Dwellings, and More
- Ethical Considerations
3:30 - 4:30, Peter L. Kogan
- Attorney's Fees
- Conflicts of Interest
- Disclosure of Defects
This advanced level seminar provides in-depth information on real estate transactions for:
- In-House Counsel
- Vice Presidents of Lending
- Title Insurance Professionals
- Real Estate Professionals