If you supervise at least one employee you need to be
knowledgeable with Employment Laws in order to avoid costly lawsuits,
judgements, settlements and to reduce employee complaints and claims. The
amount of discrimination, harassment, retaliation and other claims filed with
the EEOC and the Department of Labor continue to rise every year. Now more than
ever, managers and supervisors need to understand and be familiar with
employment laws because they share responsibility with HR to ensure their interactions
and relations with employees are compliant with federal and state employment
laws. One single lawsuit can have
damaging and costly effects to the organization. Violating an employment law is
a very high ticket price to pay. The check that the company will have to write
would include a lot of zeros on it. To help our Managers and Supervisors
succeed and to protect our organizations from legal entanglements, we need to
train them on essential Employment Laws. This training contains everything our
Managers and Supervisors need to know to succeed and to protect our
organizations by complying with Employment Laws by doing the right thing from a
moral, ethical and legal way. Always remember that it is better to deal with
issues “in house” rather than in the “courthouse”.
No charge consulting
service on questions related to Certificate Program for 12 months starting the
day of the seminar. Participant will be provided with an email address and they
will get a response within 48 hours.
“This activity has been approved for 12.75 HR (General)
recertification credit hours toward aPHR™, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRi™
and SPHRi™ recertification through HR Certification Institute® (HRCI®).
- Learn about significant changes in Labor and Employment Laws
since the 1990s.
- Understand the foundation of all Employment Laws.
- Learn about prohibitions under Title VII of the Civil Rights
- Learn about Religious reasonable accommodations.
- Understand the differences between exempt vs. non-exempt
- Learn about Break Time for Nursing Mothers.
- Learn how to avoid wage and hour headaches.
- Learn how to comply with the Family Medical Leave Act:
Eligibility, serious health conditions, timing requirement.
- Learn how to avoid being personally liable for unlawful work
- Learn about The Americans with Disability Act compliance and
- Learn the legally safe way to confront an employee you
suspect is abusing drugs, alcohol or other substances.
- Learn how to avoid age discrimination charges or claims when
managing older workers.
- Understand what exactly wage discrimination means.
- Learn about the Lilly Ledbetter Law.
- Learn about OSHA Law and regulations.
- Learn about Pregnancy Discrimination, Hiring, Reasonable
Accommodation and working conditions.
- Learn about concerted activities.
- Learn about Social Media Employment Policies and the NLRA’s
Topics covered include:
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act
- Fair Labor Standard Act (FLSA)
- Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- The American with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA)
- Equal Pay Act (EPA)
- Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA)
- Pregnancy Discrimination Act (PDA)
- National Labor Relations Act (NLRA)
The Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act (GINA)
Bonus: COBRA, ERISA, USERRA
Who will Benefit:
- HR professional
- HR Generalist
- Employee Relations Persons
- Small Business Owners