When dealing with power and influence you will inevitably have to navigate political waters. Most everyone knows that 'politics' are a reality in organizations and even if you dislike them, you cannot eliminate them. Just think about those who have position power – chances are they got there not just through their individual know-how, but because they know who's who, how to appeal to them, and how to build coalitions of power and influence. This course addresses what it takes to use political savvy as an aid to influencing without direct authority.Learning Objectives
- Identify the skills, knowledge, and attitudes needed to be politically savvy
- Use strategic, operational, and financial knowledge to demonstrate business acumen
- Recognize the characteristics of someone with business acumen
- Select elements to include in an action plan
- Recognize the steps to take to put your action plan to work
- Use methods to develop political savvy and business acumen
Anyone who wants to develop or refine their skills for getting results using personal power.