You Will Learn How To
Who Should Attend
- Justify taking an Agile approach to software and solutions development
- Apply a number of tools and techniques to develop the project community, from structuring and coordinating self-organizing teams to ensuring continuous feedback across all layers of the organization
- Use Agile techniques to plan, track, and monitor Agile projects, programs, and portfolios
- Increase team effectiveness by focusing on value-driven delivery and continuous customer and user feedback
- Utilize Agile tools and techniques to provide a guidance and decision making framework for self-organizing Agile teams to ensure their continuous alignment with organizational goals
- Managers and Executives responsible for software and solutions development
- Iteration Managers and ScrumMasters working on Agile projects
- Project Managers responsible for software and solutions development projects
- Business Analysts gathering requirements for software and solutions development
- Team Leaders and Developers building software systems
- Business Managers who have to sponsor and are responsible for the introduction of new computer-based information systems
Important Course Information
- Developing the project community
- Project stakeholders
- Project teams
- Project leadership
- Planning Agile projects
- Delivering sustainable solutions
This is an expert level course designed for people with prior experience and fundamental training within Agile and Project Management. If you need to learn more about Agile practices, then we recommend our Agile Fundamentals course as a lead-in.
Certification & Exam Information:
Exam Entry Criteria
- ICAgile accredited course: Successful completion of this course will enable you to gain ICP-APM Certification. This course aligns with the ICAgile’s Delivery Management Track along with our Agile Fundamentals and Adaptive Program and Portfolio Management courses.
- This course is accredited with the Project Management Institute (PMI)® for 14 PDUs (Professional Development Units). The PMI course code is: 003644.
- View the ICAgile Certification & Training Roadmap ›
- Scrum Alliance: This course has been approved for Continued Education Units (SEUs). Sign in to your Scrum Alliance account and add 1 SEU (on your Dashboard, under "Manage SEUs") for each hour of in-class time under Category B.5. If you do not have a Scrum Alliance account, contact Learning Tree and we will register you for your credits.
While some organizations using Agile development do not use the title of ‘Project Manager’ and put a strong emphasis on self-organizing teams, Agile project management skills are key to working more cohesively, communicating more effectively with stakeholders, and supporting the team with an appropriate level and combination of leadership and guidance, coordination and facilitation.
This course will help you learn the skills, techniques, and mindset needed to manage projects using an Agile approach. You will learn how to collaborate with stakeholders and support self-organizing teams in continuously adjusting and refining their efforts to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
Managers and Executives responsible for software and solutions developmentIteration Managers and ScrumMasters working on Agile projectsProject Managers responsible for software and solutions development projectsBusiness Analysts gathering requirements for software and solutions developmentTeam Leaders and Developers building software systemsBusiness Managers who have to sponsor and are responsible for the introduction of new computer-based information systems