You Will Learn How To
Who Should Attend
- Establish and engage the roles and responsibilities involved in portfolio management
- Apply a variety of techniques for identifying value in an initiative
- Make investment decisions using effective identify metrics
- Align outcomes from an initiative with organizational strategy, and how the strategy needs to be adaptive
- Build a value model to help guide investment decisions
- Visualize and present a portfolio using portfolio Kanban
- Measure progress and delivered value in an initiative
- Adapt the flow of work- when to increase investments, pause, and stop
- Propagate portfolio decisions across the delivery teams and manage the resultant impact
- Scale to larger initiatives: how to structure teams and programs for the most effective throughput and value delivery
- Those at the strategic level in an organization who need to make decisions about selecting and funding initiatives
- Portfolio Managers, Program Managers, Project Managers, Product Managers, Product Owners, Product Champions or anyone in the role of Agile Customer.
Important Course Information
- Why enterprise value management
- Teams, teamwork and structures
- Defining value
- Frameworks, portfolios, programs and initiatives
- Building an adaptive portfolio
- Building a value model
- Rethinking the PMO as a value delivery office
- Scaling inside a program
- Strategy and alignment
- Identifying value
- Understanding the cost of delay
- Metrics that matter
- Governance with a light touch
- Producing a roadmap
- Funding models
- Making value visible - portfolio Kanban
- Lean start-up
- Learning and adapting
- The need for innovation
- Lead the shift incrementally
- This course builds on your existing knowledge of Agile. Ideally, you will have a foundation knowledge of Agile and it is valuable for you to have an understanding of the Agile Product Owner roles and responsibilities.
Certification & Exam Information:
Exam Entry Criteria
ICAgile accredited course: The ICP-PPM Certification from ICAgile, is granted on the successful completion of this course.
- This certification is part of the ICAgile Value Management Track along with our Agile Fundamentals and The Agile Business Analyst courses.
The ICP-EVM Certification from ICAgile is also granted on completion of this course. The certification is part of the Delivery Management Track along with our Agile Project Management course.
- View the ICAgile Certification & Training Roadmap ›
- This course is accredited with the Project Management Institute (PMI)® for 18 PDUs (Professional Development Units). The PMI course code is: 003645.
In today’s fast-paced business environment there is a need for an adaptive, responsive approach to managing the pipeline of work to be done, constantly measuring the investment against the potential and actual returns and rapidly changing direction without disrupting the flow of the organization.
This course looks at enterprise value management in the context of portfolios and programs – how do we ensure the organization's resources are being spent in the most effective way, that people are doing things that are of the most importance to the organization, and that interwoven streams of work are delivered successfully?
This program draws on ideas from the latest thinking, blends these with tried and proven techniques and will provide you with tools and techniques to ensure you are able to help maximize value returned to their organization.
Those at the strategic level in an organization who need to make decisions about selecting and funding initiativesPortfolio Managers, Program Managers, Project Managers, Product Managers, Product Owners, Product Champions or anyone in the role of Agile Customer.