Much of the work on Agile projects happens in group sessions: team members collaborate to identify and prioritize stories, plan work to be done, elaborate stories, identify risks and issues, communicate progress in stand-ups and other shared activities. Working in collaborative self-organizing teams can be challenging and it is important that all team members understand the group dynamics involved and how to effectively facilitate these sessions. That’s where our Facilitation and Iteration Management program comes in. Learn how collaborative workshops can be planned, organized and run; and how each team member can contribute to achieving maximum effectiveness - while identifying potential pitfalls and how to avoid and address these. This course will also assist you in addressing aspects of your role to build capability across the wider team.
You Will Learn How To
- The value of facilitation skills in collaborative work environments
- How to apply a variety of tools and techniques and the context in which they are useful
- How to facilitate the various agile work practices
- The role of the Iteration Manager (ScrumMaster) and how it can help collaborative teams on their Agile journey
Important Course Information
- You will need to have completed formal Agile training such as our Agile Fundamentals course and have at least 12 months’ experience working in an Agile team.
- Attendees wishing to participate remotely, will be required to use a webcam for some of the exercises.
Certification & Exam Information:
- ICAgile accredited course: The ICP-ATF Certification from ICAgile is granted on the successful completion of this course and passing the Learning Tree Exam.
- We offer the complete ICAgile Coaching Track for those looking to become an ICAgile Certified Expert in Agile Coaching (ICE-AC). ICAgile Coaching Track also includes Agile Fundamentals and Agile Coaching training sessions.
- Project Management Institute® approved: This course is accredited with PMI® for 18 PDUs (Professional Development Units). The PMI course code is: 003649.
- This course can help you earn ICAgile certification.
- Mindset and role of the Agile Team Facilitator
- Define agile team facilitation
- Team facilitation behaviors
- Development path for Agile coaching
- Assess your ability to serve the team
- Call for more advanced coaching skill
- Assess team health cognitively, physically, interpersonally, and level of safety
- Intervention steps and dealing with dysfunction
- Facilitation tools and techniques
- Identify purpose of the various meetings
- Design effective workshops
- Navigating conflict
- Generating ideas and alternatives
- Setting goals and objectives
- Develop meeting structure and ground rules
- Facilitating the Agile practices
- Stages of facilitation
- Team formation stages
- Agile attitudes to adjust mindset
- Facilitator's role in Agile lifecycle
- Agile Iteration Manager and PM complimentary roles
- Team delivery metrics, not comparing teams
Those filling the roles of:
Product ManagerProduct OwnerProduct ChampionAgile CustomerSubject Matter Expert
And those that form part of the extended team of people supporting the Product Owner including:
Technical ArchitectsUX DesignersBusiness AnalystsIV & V Specialist TestersAuditors