Ensuring That What You Write Is What You Mean
Email demands clear and efficient writing, but “oops” is an all-too-common occurrence.
We’ve all seen how easily misunderstandings in email messages can compromise clear communication.
Attend this helpful webinar to get a fast-paced, hands-on lesson to strengthen your ewriting skills.
Through examples and exercises, you will learn how to target your audience, get to the point, and develop and maintain a professional email style.
What You Will Learn
Because so many of your communications are via email, this is a great chance for you to spend a short time learning how to do it better.
How You Will Benefit
- Write clear, concise email that gets readers' attention and results
- Convey a professional image through the emails you send
- Identify tone problems before pressing “send”
- Gain email pointers to help you project communication savvy
What Will Be Covered
- Understanding challenges of email communication
- Getting started quickly: Idea lists, the three As (aim, audience, area)
- Getting to the point: Strong subject lines, openings, and closings
- Structuring your message clearly
- Helpful guidelines for structuring your message
- Maintaining a professional tone by recognizing what is and is not appropriate for ecommunications
- Polishing your email for a professional style for yourself and your organization
How AMA Webinars Work
AMA Webinars provide you with a cost-effective and convenient way to boost your know-how. You can participate in the comfort of your office without the need for travel costs and time.
Because the webinar is live, you can ask our expert questions via online chat during the program. In addition, we will be sending you pre-work approximately one day before the program date via email. Please register early to get these materials that will help guide your learning process!
In addition, paid registrants will have a single-user license to access a recorded archive of the program for a full year.
Please note that AMA Webinars are designed to provide a one-to-one learning experience for an individual and are not designed to be viewed in a group setting. Program access is available only via the MYAMA account of the registered attendee.
This webinar offers continuing education credits to registered participants. To qualify for CEU credits, you must register for and attend the live event using your individual log-in ID for the full 90 minutes and participate in all of the polling exercises. Archived/On Demand webinars do not qualify for CEUs.
About the Presenters
Philip Vassallo, Ph.D., has designed, delivered, and supervised communication training programs—many of them for AMA—for more than 20,000 executive, managerial, supervisory, administrative, and technical professionals internationally over the past three decades. He is the author of the books How to Write Fast Under Pressure, The Art of E-Mail Writing, and The Art of On-the-Job Writing. He has edited major reports for government and corporate clients. He also writes the blog Words on the Line, which offers practical tips for developing writers. Phil holds a doctorate in educational theory and has taught internationally, currently as a faculty member of the Beijing International MBA program.