Essential Management Skills for Introverts
Increase your visibility, get the recognition you deserve, and power up your network using your strengths as an introvert.
Would you rather accomplish something important than talk about what you’ve accomplished?
Learn to position yourself as a valued insider even if you do your best thinking outside the conference room.
While you may not associate being an introvert with a path to success as a manager, this 90-minute webinar offers you practical tips to raise your visibility even if you're not a schmoozer.
You’ll discover how to manage your energy as an introvert and how to communicate confidently even among extroverts at boisterous meetings.
What You Will Learn
- How to use your quiet strengths at listening, reading, writing, researching, and building one-on-one relationships to your advantage
- Ways to express yourself more confidently—verbally and nonverbally—at meetings and presentations
- Tactics for communicating your objectives clearly and persuasively
- Strategies for conserving your energy for face time that counts
- How to promote yourself authentically—without bragging—in the U.S. business environment
What Will Be Covered
- Attaining desired opportunities for yourself, your team, and your organization
- Building your effectiveness at speaking up and getting heard
- Getting recognized for your expertise
- Increasing your professional network without being pushy
- Targeting your stakeholders more strategically
- Working more harmoniously with other personality types
How You Will Benefit
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Understand how your quiet strengths can be an advantage when leading your team
- Develop activities that support your visibility in the organization
- Apply strategies for conserving your energy by balancing your people time vs. solo time
- Create a work environment to engage both extraverts and introverts
How AMA Webinars Work
AMA Webinars provide you with a cost-effective and convenient way to boost your know-how. You can participate in the comfort of your office without the need for travel costs and time.
Because the webinar is live, you can ask our expert questions via online chat during the program. In addition, we will be sending you pre-work approximately one day before the program date via email. Please register early to get these materials that will help guide your learning process!
In addition, paid registrants will have a single-user license to access a recorded archive of the program for a full year.
Please note that AMA Webinars are designed to provide a one-to-one learning experience for an individual and are not designed to be viewed in a group setting. Program access is available only via the MYAMA account of the registered attendee.
This webinar offers continuing education credits to registered participants. To qualify for CEU credits, you must register for and attend the live event using your individual log-in ID for the full 90 minutes and participate in all of the polling exercises. Archived/OnDemand webinars do not qualify for CEUs.
About the Presenters
Nancy Ancowitz is the author of Self-Promotion for Introverts®. As a presentation and career coach, she helps clients—introverts and extroverts alike—with vital career-building and leadership skills. She previously served as a marketing vice president at JP Morgan Chase & Co., and before that she was with Citibank, where she received an outstanding achievement award for her innovations in creating proposals for international clients. A blogger for Psychology Todayand Salary.com, her work has been covered by the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, the Financial Times, the Washington Post, WABC-TV, 1010 WINS radio, and CIO, Entrepreneur, Woman’s Day, and O, The Oprah Magazine. For more information, visit http://www.nancyancowitz.com and at www.selfpromotionforintroverts.com