The countless ways in which professionals now communicate means business can be conducted almost anywhere. This has introduced the element of distance (both real and virtual) between coach and subject. Coaching skills that once worked so effectively face-to-face won’t get the job done today. For a remote or virtual environment, coaches must develop an entirely new battery of skills—from innovative ways of listening to new measures of coaching success. This new Live Online Seminar covers it all in four dynamic lessons, with a sharp focus on skill-building and modeling techniques that will enable coaches to move their teams to the next level of professional development regardless of distance.
How You Will Benefit
What You Will Cover
- Diagnose the specific kind of coaching that the situation requires
- Provide coaching directed toward development, career planning and performance management
- Develop critical listening skills—to “hear between the lines”
- Make the right connections to foster cohesion and teamwork
- Execute your strategy with the appropriate set of tools and techniques
- Compensate for lack of “face time” and visual cues
Virtual Coaching Skills for Increased Effectiveness
- Assessing strengths and weaknesses as a virtual coach
- Flexing your style to increase effectiveness
- Blending coaching tasks, emotional intelligence and coaching skills
Building Employee Loyalty, Trust and Connection Through Coaching
- Identifying the strengths to develop in others
- Paying attention to strengths and providing feedback
- Skills and behaviors needed for performance coaching
Preparation and Planning for Virtual Coaching
- Identifying coachable moments
- Probing questioning
- Emotional intelligence behaviors that require coaching
Who Should Attend
- Characteristics of effective virtual teams
- Building trust at each stage of virtual team development
- Applying team coaching principles to real situations/challenges
Managers, team leaders, senior managers and project managers of global and geographically dispersed teams.Cancellation:
Transfer, Cancellation and Refund Policy. For Classroom, Live Online and Webinar programs, you may transfer to a future session, send someone to take your place or cancel without penalty at any time up to three weeks prior to your program. If you provide AMA with less than three weeks’ notice, or fail to attend, you will be liable for the entire program fee.
Programs included in AMA OnDemand offerings are not eligible for substitution, transfer, cancellation, return or refund.
We appreciate that this is an important investment for you and your company and would like to accommodate your needs the best we can. Please call us if you have any questions.
Managers, team leaders, senior managers and project managers of global and geographically dispersed teams.