As payroll professionals, we can get caught in the trap of keeping up with running payrolls, validating for accuracy, and worrying about staying compliant, yet miss the bigger picture of the payroll operation itself - and what practices a company can put into place to make the payroll process more streamlined.
This training session gives you the tools to be able to review best practices and see how innovations can improve your payroll process.
For instance, improvements as simple as increasing direct deposit participation or better vendor management can significantly increase your productivity and/or reduce your costs.
By attending this training session, you will learn:
- A variety of methods for paying employees, including how to implement a paperless pay system but still stay compliant with state laws
- Review of employee self-services systems and how to maximize them
- A payroll interface vs an integrated system
- Best practices for selecting a payroll system
- Best practices for selecting and working with a vendor
- How to properly handle a request for proposal
- Discussion about pay cards, direct deposit, and live checks
- Implications of new technologies
- How to protect your company against fraud!
About Your Speaker:
Dayna Reum, CPP, FPC, is a payroll professional with over 15 years experience in both teaching and handling payroll.
Ms. Reum holds both a Certified Payroll Professional and a Fundamental Payroll Certification designation, and is a frequent presenter on various payroll topics. Dayna has worked for companies such as PetSmart, Honeywell, and the American Payroll Association.
Dayna also serves on the National American Payroll Association on the national Strategic Leadership Task Force, has received a Citation of Merit and is a Gold Pin member of the APA. She is certified in HR hiring and firing practices, and is a Six-Sigma Greenbelt.
This program has been approved for 1.5 re-certification credit hours for HRCI's PHR and SPHR designations through the HR Certification Institute. For more information about certification or re-certification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org. The use of this seal is not an endorsement by HRCI of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met HRCIs criteria to be pre-approved for re-certification credit.
SHRM Professional Development Credits
This program is valid for 1.5 Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP designations. For more information about certification or re-certification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.