Key Legal and Tax Goals, Uses, and Differences - Clarified
Get a clear look at estate plannings essential building blocks: wills and trusts. Distinguish between their uses, the roles of key parties, governing laws, tax consequences, and potential planning risks. This essential estate planning guide offers a bird's eye view of the practice's main tools. Register today!
- Get an overview of the key laws and regulations governing the creation and administration of wills and trusts.
- Gauge the flexibility of the different tools in adapting to the clients' unique situations.
- Learn what creditor protections are available with wills vs. various trusts.
Session Time: 10:00 AM - 11:30 AM Eastern
Presenter: Lindsey R. Buchheit
- Key Estate Transfer Laws
- What a Will Can and Cannot Do
- Trusts Overview: Key Parties, Terms, Concepts
- Tax Considerations
- Asset Transfers: Timing, Amounts, Choice of Assets, etc.
- Delegating Medical Decision-Making
- Choosing Financial Proxies
- Flexibility Issues
- Spendthrift Protections
- Planning for Expenses During Life
- Creditor Protections
- Dispute Resolution
The legal guide is designed for attorneys. It will also benefit accountants, estate and financial planners, and paralegals.