Learn how to navigate the move from Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7.1x on-premises to Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Service on Citrix Cloud. Get hands-on as the course guides you through the architecture, communications, management, installation and configuration of Citrix Cloud and the Cloud Connector.
Learn about the services available in Citrix Cloud with a focus on the Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Service. If you are planning a move to Citrix.
Cloud or starting out a new, this course is a necessary step in enabling you with the right training and skills to understand, manage, and deliver successfully. In this course you will not only learn how to migrate from an onpremises solution to using the Citrix Cloud management plane, but also considerations for moving workloads to public clouds.
- Understand the differences between Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7.1x on-premises and the Citrix Virtual Apps and DesktopsService.
- How to install, configure, and manage Citrix Cloud Connectors.
- How to deliver app and desktop resources to on-premises locations.
- How to migrate existing on-premises Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7.1x infrastructure to the Citrix Cloud.
Introduction to Citrix Cloud
- What is Citrix Cloud
- Citrix Cloud Services
- Citrix Cloud Operation and Architecture
- Citrix Cloud Administration
Citrix Cloud Connectors
- Cloud Connector Architecture
- Installing and configuring Citrix Cloud Connectors
Introduction to the XenApp and XenDesktop Service
- XenApp and XenDesktop Deployment Models
- XenApp and XenDesktop Service with On-Premises Resources
- Configuring the XenApp and XenDesktop Service
- Delivering Apps and Desktop to End-Users Using On-Premises Resources with MCS
Managing the XenApp and XenDesktop Service
- Citrix Studio and Director
- XenApp and XenDesktop Remote PowerShell SDK
- Managing Multiple Resource Locations
- Using PVS with the XenApp and XenDesktop Services
Providing Access with StoreFront and NetScaler in Citrix Cloud
- Consideration for StoreFront Location
- Consideration for NetScaler Gateway Locations
- Configuring StoreFront and NetScaler Gateway Access in Citrix Cloud
Public Cloud Considerations
- General Public Cloud Considerations
- Microsoft Azure as a Citrix Cloud Resource Location (Lecture only)
- Amazon Web Services as a Citrix Cloud Resource Location (Lecture only)
On-Premises Migration to the XenApp and XenDesktop Service
- Citrix Cloud Migration Options and Considerations
- Migrating Policies and Settings
- Migrating Machine Catalogs and Delivery Groups
- Considerations for Migrating to a Public Cloud
Built for IT Professionals who are responsible for migrating or supporting some or all of their on-premises Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops infrastructure to the Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Service on Citrix Cloud.