Java 9 and OO Essentials is a five-day, comprehensive hands-on Java training course geared for developers who have little or no prior working knowledge of object-oriented programming languages (such as those working on (C, COBOL, 4GL, etc.) Throughout the course students learn the best practices for writing great object-oriented programs in Java 9, using sound development techniques, new improved features for better performance, and new capabilities for addressing rapid application development. Special emphasis is placed on object oriented concepts and best practices.
Students who attend Java 9 and OO Essentials will leave this course armed with the required skills to develop solid object-oriented applications written in Java, using sound coding techniques and best coding practices. Geared for developers with prior OO development experience in languages such as C#, C++ or SmallTalk, this course will teach students everything they need to become productive in essential Java programming.
Working within in an engaging, hands-on learning environment, guided by our expert team, attendees will learn to:
- Understand what OO programming is and what the advantages of OO are in today's world
- Work with objects, classes, and OO implementations
- Understand the basic concepts of OO such as encapsulation, inheritance, polymorphism, and abstraction
- Understand not only the fundamentals of the Java language, but also its importance, uses, strengths and weaknesses
- Understand the basics of the Java language and how it relates to OO programming and the Object Model
- Work with the Java 9 modular system (Project Jigsaw)
- Learn to use Java exception handling features
- Understand and use classes, inheritance and polymorphism
- Understand and use collections, generics, autoboxing, and enumerations
- Process large amount of data using Lambda expressions and the Stream API
- Use the JDBC API for database access
- Take advantage of the Java tooling that is available with the programming environment being used in the class
Specific Java 9 features that are covered in the course include:
- The Modular system (Project Jigsaw)
- Private methods in interfaces
This is an introductory- level Java course, designed for experienced developers who wish to get up and running with Java, or who need to reinforce sound Java coding practices, immediately.